What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the gentle nudge. Starting a new thread and appreciate that we keep these threads pure. I mean that sincerely, no sarcasm.

What cartridge gun modern stuff did you do today?

I also cleaned several of my muzzle loaders. Especially our 1750s Swiss Jaeger rifle .70 cal and my Kibler Woods-runner.
They are some Beautiful old timers! :lewis:

We
Shouldn't Marplot know what TSS is? After all he started the thread:

Tungsten Turkey Ammo: Is It Worth It?​

and it has 98 responses.
Well, I know now. I shoulda have asked Google!

But I will never use TSS in my shotguns. It seems it could scratch the barrels.

Last edited:
I got my Under-Hammer back at noon today. My friend got down & had to have surgery. He is battling cancer. Said he just didn't feel like trying to do anymore work on it. He got my BP set into barrel, & drilled barrel for the nipple. Installed nipple & trigger & hammer align on nipple, shot several caps. Now i need to get another Gunsmith to get my barrel drilled and tapped for my scope mount. Also get ramrod lug & thimbles attached.

I got my Under-Hammer back at noon today. My friend got down & had to have surgery. He is battling cancer. Said he just didn't feel like trying to do anymore work on it. He got my BP set into barrel, & drilled barrel for the nipple. Installed nipple & trigger & hammer align on nipple, shot several caps. Now i need to get another Gunsmith to get my barrel drilled and tapped for my scope mount. Also get ramrod lug & thimbles attached.
Sorry to hear About your friend. Cancer sucks, hope they find a cure for it soon. And good luck with the rest of your Muzzy build.

How can I do this when they supply the shells? Premade.
You can buy shotgun plastic wads by themselves in a bag of 500 pieces! I know because I reload shotgun shells for trap shooting! And if the shells are already made, the wads are already inside of them. That is what protects the shot & the barrel.

Latest posts

Back