Whats the difference between the stocks of thumbholes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newhunter1

Reaction score
I am bidding on a thumbhole stock on ebay, but it is the grey laminate. It looks new, and I've bid over 130.00 for the stock. It is the thumbhole that I want, but I don't want to spend that much on it. (the curse of being a cheapie) I see on Cabelas they sell the same stock for 206.00 (or so) so I was wondering if the black thumbhole stock is just as good as the camo and the grey laminate. What are the major differences of the three. Cabelas has the black synthetic one for 139.00 and I'll probably get that one, but man that grey laminate would look real pretty on my gun.

So for those of you who have the thumbhole stocks let me know...are they basically the same? I love the cheak piece as it is easier for me to shoulder and aim. right now I've got the see thru sights and I think that may be my problem with the regular stock.

Also, if I change stocks would I have to resight in the gun?

Someone (anyone) help me out in the stock questions. Hopefully someone will take "stock" of my questions.

Paul

Latest posts

Back