Where are you...........?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spitfire said:
Yep I agree Jon , power sound like a Hemi running 100% nitro methane !
Different engines for different types of racing. I used to drag race a Hemi Cuda, but I still love the high rpm scream of a Ferrari V12.

Your Hemi AA fuel engine last one run of 4 seconds, and needs to be rebuilt. The V12 races for 24 hours at LeMans.

Pete in that 4 seconds that it does run it will outrun the Ferrari so bad they'll have to call the Coast Guard to find it !

What's your point? In a road race the Hemi wouldn't make it to the 2nd turn.

Different strokes....

shelby cobra sure in heck beat the snot out of the ferrari at lemans and thats just a lil ol 427 ford under the hood  :twisted: 

The Cobra never beat Ferrari. The GT-40 did. Only a 427? Probably twice the size of the V12 in cu in.

Oh, the Daytona Coupe. A purpose built race car by Ford. A far cry from the street Cobra. 1964?

You dug hard to find that one.

Here's the difference between Ford and Ferrari on how they think.

Ford builds race cars to sell street cars. (Nascar)

Ferrari builds street cars to finance the race cars. (F1)

ferrari is junk though, thats what pissed of Lamborghini and made him build his own car lol.

Theres also the AC cobra as well.

Stop using Google Jon. It's confusing you.

The AC Cobra is the Cobra. It used the chassis from the AC Bristol.

The AC was the first Cobra built by Shelby. It's the base Cobra. You made it sound like it was a different car to the Cobra.

Dude, I was your age when all this was going on, and a total car nut/hot rodder/ road racer. You weren't even a thought in your dad's shorts yet. I lived it. You're reading about it.

sorry but they are 2 different cars lol. AC is strictly for racing, SC was street use, the fastest street car in the world at one point.

And no ferrari can compete with this sound.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CjX_4K0rUtw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Muley said:
Spitfire said:
I still love the high rpm scream of a Ferrari V12.
If like screamers, listen to a recording of a Novi. I went to time trials at Indy in (I think) 1963. Andy Granatelli was trying to qualify a couple of Novis with V-16s (?).

It was so piercing that you thought your eardrums were blown out especially in comparison to the 4 cylinder Offenhausers that were still popular back then.

In the race that year there was a crash and fire in the opening laps and 2 or 3 drivers died.

jeez I forget that some guys here grew up when racers still wore leather helmets  :lol!: :lol!: 

Back