Where are you...........?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never said I didn't like the sound of American V8's. I've certainly had enough of them.

However, the Ferrari also has a nice sound too. Of course it's different. A completely different engine, and puts out equal power to American V8's with much smaller displacement. It does it with better breathing, and rpm. Different engine. Different sound. I like them both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn2ao-cI3LE

Jon Pete is right on the money with the AC Ace being the basis for the AC Cobra.

Pato the only screamers I like come in 8 cylinder form , got a tunnel rammed 366 cu in Chevy here with 13:1 compression , a 310/310 deg cam that will rev to nearly 10 grand.

I'm running a special racing mix (112 octane) otherwise the damned thing rattles.

We have a few tracks here but I run this in top speed street races .

The gas I have to mix myself as there is no outlet close to me that will sell , not enough people asking for it I suppose.

Yeah these days our pump gas is 93 or 95 unleaded , high compression engines don't like the stuff much.

87 is what we get here for the lowest octane. 89 and 91 or 93 are the other choices except at Sonoco where you can get 100 or better .. for a hefty price like $4.70-$5.00/gal.

What compression ratio do your engines have to run on that low octane fuel Pete ?

I don't know for sure. I'm guessing my Jeep is around 8-1 or 9-1. It's got a computer, so it will retard the timing before it knocks.

a good deal of new cars are running 10:1 but with aluminum heads, they can do that now. On my old buick, that would have been, use high octane or else!

They've gone to direct fuel injection too. Much more sophisticated than the older cars. They can get away with more compression.

to much sensors on todays **** though. Its impossible to tell what exactly a misfire is, injector, connection, coil pack? One thing we are going through now on my nephews buick.

One thing i learned, use one of those doctor ear thingys and put it on the injector, if it sounds like a diesel, its firing. The one thats nice and quiet is the one being a pain in the ass! It only stops giving fuel when it gets hot. Go figure.

Mechanics have it easy today. They just plug into the computer, and it tells them the problem.

The average home mechanic is lost without the right equipment to test a problem with newer cars.

Back