Where can I get some primers?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWThomas

Reaction score
I've had some Federal 209A primers on order with Cabelas for a month now and they just keep pushing back the projected ship date. I'm down to 2 CCI 209M primers and then I'll have to use the Remington STS's I have. Anyone know where I can get some Federal 209A's or CCI 209M's now? Not interested in backordering any.

Natchez shooters supply has Fed209a's in stock, according to their web site.

My local shop is the only place I have found them - CCIM - got 3 boxes yesterday and they had several cases. Now have BH209 ($34) as well. They probably would ship.
Franklin's - 315 - 497-0893

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! This is hilarious!!! I ordered 2000 of them from Natchez thinking I needed to jump on this while they had some in-stock. Then I shot over to Cabelas to cacel the primer I have backordered there...... AND THEY'RE IN-STOCK!!! So now I have 2000 primers coming from Cabelas also! :lol: Oh well, I guess you can't have too many primers.

If you guys are in need of some Fed 209A's, Cabelas and Natchez both have them in-stock. Jump on it while you can.

I f you have a "local" gun club,that shoots (Trap/Skeet) you can get all the primers you want,as most handle reloading supplys. They sell them by the 100's or by the 1000's,and most clubs have many brands also. Ron

rks1949 said:
I f you have a "local" gun club,that shoots (Trap/Skeet) you can get all the primers you want,as most handle reloading supplys. They sell them by the 100's or by the 1000's,and most clubs have many brands also. Ron

Yeah, my local skeet club does have some but not what I'm looking for. They have a bunch of Remington STS and Winchester W209 but I want the hotter primers.

The guy's that shoot "Trap" almost allways use Fed 209A primers in their "heavy" loads. Check around for a club that shoots Trap,and you will find them. Ron

rks1949 said:
The guy's that shoot "Trap" almost allways use Fed 209A primers in their "heavy" loads. Check around for a club that shoots Trap,and you will find them. Ron

See my last post above. I looked and they don't have any.

spencer have you tried the Remington STS. Ive been using them at the range lately with good results in the triumph with BH209. I aslo used them in the Endeavor.

revpilot said:
spencer have you tried the Remington STS. Ive been using them at the range lately with good results in the triumph with BH209. I aslo used them in the Endeavor.

I've tried them and they work fine. But I'd rather be safe and use the hottest primer available just to be sure. Especially when using BH209 and with winter coming fast.

Ok,do they have any Cheddit primers? These are second ,only to the 209A's as far as power/heat. I shoot them alot,and they are sealed (that's a plus) if you hunt in damp weather.
102_0152.jpg
102_0153.jpg

rks1949

I have shot Cheddites for 6 years now... Trap shooting. And when I do shoot BH, I do use the Cheddite. I really agree with you that they are a good Primer... The other thing you did not mention is that they have a copper battery cup and because of that the expand and contract easier and quicker than the alum-num cups.

Yeah,they work well. I have a friend that is going to pick up a case (1000 primers) for me tomorrow at a trap club in Indiana. Fed 209A's at 36.70 per 1000. So with with the Cheddits,and 209A's I should be set for a while. :D Ron

Back