Which one?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 70

Reaction score
Which one do you shoot (assuming you get a chance)?

The buck in the upper left is 3.5 years old, I'm guessing. He's a 6X4, sticker off the right G2.

The buck in the upper right had me really excited with his progress back in June. He has lost body mass and didn't really add a lot of antler while he was absent (didn't get a pic of him since June). I'm thinking he is ill, old, or both.

Lower left buck is 2.5, I'm guessing. I really like the tall tines, but I'm guessing he'll be much better next year.

I really like the corkscrew brow tines of the buck in the lower right. I've also got a weak spot for symmetry. He is a very clean eight.

I'm leaning towards targeting the upper right buck, since I feel he is the oldest and thus in my eyes is the best "trophy".

Which one would you focus on?

quartet3mb.jpg

I agree with your assessment, hopefully the other three have the genetics to grow to the size of that dandy you took last year, as long as you can keep them out of other peoples chosshairs for a year or two. :D

Rifleman said:
I would shoot the first one to give me a chance. :D

Me too. They're all worth taking and how many chances can you get

If they were all together...

The one on the upper right and then the one on the upper left. That's assuming I'd get a second chance.

The bottom two need to get a little bigger though the lower right has a beautiful rack if a little small. My brother in law took one that's the spitting image of it a couple years back.

Back