White Hots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter177

Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot about the fouling ring after firing a ML. I use 2 50 gr. 777 pellets with super accuracy. I've heard White Hots are suppose to be cleaner and not leave a ring. Has anyone used them and what is your opinion? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

they leave a crud ring in my rifles with the W209 primers. I think if you use the 777 primers the crud ring would be nill.

What crud ring there is, its very soft and easy to push the bullet through. No where near what T7 leaves.

Most reviews ive seen show they are slightly cleaner but not much. They are the most expensive option though in a ML. Cost per shot easily equals or exceeds BH209 per shot/FPS and far more expensive than other loose powders.

72 pellets per pack correct?

They didnt even come close the advertised fps.

I tried them........gave them away...... No accuracy, crud ring still there. Save your money and go with loose T7 or BH209. If you watch Wal Mart after X-Mas they throw the leftover T7 on sale.

smyers717 said:
I tried them........gave them away...... No accuracy, crud ring still there. Save your money and go with loose T7 or BH209. If you watch Wal Mart after X-Mas they throw the leftover T7 on sale.

I called both my Walmarts that carry it right after muzzy season ended and they were out and were not going to order anymore.

My local Wally had a bunch of Pyrodex RS this year. I was hoping they would carry BH209.

I tried the white hots in my apex and needless to say i have 3/4 of a box of white hots i wont be using , very dirty and poor accuracy.

I read some reviews on BPS website about the White Hots burning cleaner, so some ML it burns Cleaner some it Dont?

Leaves a CRUD ring! Save your money and buy Blackhorn 209 if you want clean.

Blackhorn 209 is loose powder. You use a powder measurer to measure your charges by volume. Just as easy as pellets when you have premeasured charges ready to pour. No swabbing and no crud ring while shooting.

Get some Fed 209A, CCI209M, or Rem STS primers if you are going the Blackhorn 209 route.

I will check this Mourning, i didnt see any of those Primers that are mentioned all they had was Win209 and the Rem Kleanbore

Get the Winchester 209 shotgun primers. Do not get any muzzleloading specific primer such as Win Triple 7 or Rem Kleanbore. Make sure you clean the carbon out of your flash channel with a #32 bit. If you have ignition problems get in touch with Ron on the forum here and for a small fee he will modify your breech plug. Good luck!

Sisco Kid,

I saw in another post you mentioned the Traditions Deerhunter rifle with Precussion Cap ignition. Just keep in mind that Blackhorn 209 will not work in a Precussion cap rifle. Precussion ignition is not hot enough for BH209. If you have a rifle with 209 primer ignition then you are on the right track. Hate to see you spend money on BH209 if you can't really use it.

ShawnT

He has an Optima I believe. I would not sway him to BH209 for a percussion muzzleloader.

Ok guys, went to BPS this morn,Dam if someone didnt buy the last 3 jugs of bh209 and the 50/50 pellets , returned the white Hots and ended up with the 30 grn pellets 50cal. Bps realy didnt have much of anything, so i guess i will make do with what i have right now and see what happens. The other Bps is around 80miles round trip, so that isnt going to happen with the Houston traffic

Latest posts

Back