White Super 91 and Bullshop 460s to the range today!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parkgt

Reaction score
On the strength of the good reviews here I placed an order with and recently received 200 Bullshop 460 MTNex from Daniel. Excellent workmanship on the bullets, the best I have seen for a muzzleloader.

Haven't had the White Super 91 out in a few years and didn't know what to expect. It had always done well with the White and No Excuses bullets under Pyrodex. Not so well with various sabots; but there is something satisfying about knowing that a 450+ grain bullet is going to do the job if I do mine.

Tried various loads of Triple 7 with dry wads and without. They all shot much higher than the previous bullets under 100 grains of Pyrodex.

It finally settled in with 90 grains of Triple 7, no wad and touched off by CCI magnum #11 caps. Didn't seem as accurate with the 1/8" wads but that could be my failure to get even compression on the load.

I finished of with a three shot centered horizontal string 1 1/2" high at 100 yard that measured 1 1/8" center to center.

It is nice to find a great bullet to compliment one of the best muzzleloaders ever made.

parkgt

The 460MtNex is an excellent bullet.. I to shoot it with 90 grains of T7-3f and a number #11 cap.

I do use the card board wad underneath the bullet - one to protect the bottom of the bullet from the heat of T7 and also to stop any contamination of the load coming off the lube on the bullet.

Nice Shooting. I agree that you have a great rifle. Although I am particial to the model 97 myself.

I do not have to hunt big monster animals, so all I load is 70 grains of Triple Se7en 3f and a 460 or 500 grain conical from Dan. The accuracy is outstanding...

Dave,

I would have been happy with a lighter load but the accuracy seemed much better at 90 grains. I will get it out again and try lighter loads along with trying the wads again.

Thanks for your input.

parkgt said:
Dave,

I would have been happy with a lighter load but the accuracy seemed much better at 90 grains. I will get it out again and try lighter loads along with trying the wads again.

Thanks for your input.

Try 70-75gr. and see what happens. I think you will be happy. :wink:

Back