Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worries but I know I have the original there's even pictures of doc with it on his site I think he was mistaken or like you said f.o.c. ! Lol
Afternoon Fellow DWB: That is a very fine looking White Javelina muzzleloading pistol. I would love to own one but can't justify spending the $$$$$$ they want for the one on GunBroker!!
I will keep looking and if luck is on my side I may come across a White Javelina at a reasonable price.
Thank you for posting the picture.

Steve

Afternoon Fellow DWB: That is a very fine looking White Javelina muzzleloading pistol. I would love to own one but can't justify spending the $$$$$$ they want for the one on GunBroker!!
I will keep looking and if luck is on my side I may come across a White Javelina at a reasonable price.
Thank you for posting the picture.

Steve
I had this for sale at one time for 850 I think it was but since it was the first one doc made for himself and used to take some critters with I thought it was worth it and still do but I'm not currently looking to sell it she's a safe queen for now !

it shipped monday 12-28. I have not received it yet. It was 3.5 hours away. I should have drove up and got it. It hasn't moved since 1-02 and no tracking updates.:mad:

The mail system is a disaster these days, My new Rice barrel was shipped Dec 18th, and i just got it the other day. I sent ed 12 Bullets to try, they took almost a Month to get to him.

Advice from recent experiences, use PRIORITY Mail, AVOID First Class, even though you save a couple dollars by going First Class, First Class Mail gets the Back Burner

The mail system is a disaster these days, My new Rice barrel was shipped Dec 18th, and i just got it the other day. I sent ed 12 Bullets to try, they took almost a Month to get to him.

Advice from recent experiences, use PRIORITY Mail, AVOID First Class, even though you save a couple dollars by going First Class, First Class Mail gets the Back Burner
ANYTHING shipped with the USPS gets back burner right now, so better advice is to ship FedEx or UPS. It‘s a hassle for me to go to the PO anyway, so over the last year or so, everything I ship goes FedEx and will from now on.
I have two USPS packages coming that are showing “arriving late” right now. I would’ve paid a few bucks more for FedEx or UPS had that been an option. :mad:

my white shipped Priority Mail 3 day. Hah! Better advice if you want it to get somewhere in a acceptable amount of time avoid USPS PERIOD. Use UPS or FED EX.

Yea it’s a JOKE right now! I asked our Post Master what the heck the Deal was? He told me that the Whole Covid thing made a MESS out of the System, People taking voluntary lay offs, Etc. That many of the Big Distribution centers were EXTREMELY low on Staff, He had heard that Some Distribution places were Backed up to the Rafters

For the most part Priority has been REALLY good in my experience, I could send a Small Flat Rate Box across the Entire US in 3-4 Days. First Class on the other hand could take a Month

A number of factors contribute to the service failures we are seeing with USPS right now. One of the largest is the reduced flights the airlines are flying. If a Priority or Express Priority pkg goes out of your region it moves by air. Fewer flights = crappy service. Another issue is the new business plan under our new Post Master that reduces or eliminates overtime. Add this to a Covid reduced staff, seasonal weather, and THE busiest holiday season ever, this is what you get. Although I hate the delays as much as anybody do not abandon the USPS. The last thing you want is to put your mail service in private hands.

A number of factors contribute to the service failures we are seeing with USPS right now. One of the largest is the reduced flights the airlines are flying. If a Priority or Express Priority pkg goes out of your region it moves by air. Fewer flights = crappy service. Another issue is the new business plan under our new Post Master that reduces or eliminates overtime. Add this to a Covid reduced staff, seasonal weather, and THE busiest holiday season ever, this is what you get. Although I hate the delays as much as anybody do not abandon the USPS. The last thing you want is to put your mail service in private hands.
100% agreement

Mail service maybe. Packages are a different story. Don't TELL me it 3 day Priority AND have it sit at regional distribution center for 9 days and counting. Don't give me a delivery date and not update it. Delivery was supposed to be 1-04. This was shipped from a location that is at best 3.5 hours from my home! It has been sitting in Grand Rapids, MI since 12/29. Tracking has not moved since. UPS and Fedex have met delivery dates and if not gave me updated delivery dates. These companies are in Private hands.

GRRW Collectors Association and yours truly stopped using the USPS about two years ago for just what you guys are saying.

I sent (4) long guns to TOTW between Christmas and New Years (told it was the worst time to send anything). They arrived in three days from Sale Lake, UT to Elk River, MN in three days in excellent condition, used FedEx with no issues. All these services are expensive anymore, so price shopping is almost a waste of time to save a couple of bucks. There was $4.00 difference between FedEx and USPS (Fedex was more money).

This was not anything special (not any Priority mail services), just normal shipping ???

GRRW Collectors Association and yours truly stopped using the USPS about two years ago for just what you guys are saying.

I sent (4) long guns to TOTW between Christmas and New Years (told it was the worst time to send anything). They arrived in three days from Sale Lake, UT to Elk River, MN in three days in excellent condition, used FedEx with no issues. All these services are expensive anymore, so price shopping is almost a waste of time to save a couple of bucks. There was $4.00 difference between FedEx and USPS (Fedex was more money).

This was not anything special (not any Priority mail services), just normal shipping ???

Hey Buck, you have been around Ole Doc some haven’t ya? You know him in person? It seems like you were saying that his Garage was pretty amazing? Guns & More Guns, Maybe it was someone else that said that?

It would be an Honor to Meet him!

Hey Buck, you have been around Ole Doc some haven’t ya? You know him in person? It seems like you were saying that his Garage was pretty amazing? Guns & More Guns, Maybe it was someone else that said that?

It would be an Honor to Meet him!
I've known Doc White and his crew since the mid '70s with GRRW. I was one of three dealers in Northern Colorado handling Green River Rifle Works products. Then they went belly up and I lost track of them until one day my wife's cousin said "you know Doc White don't you".

I said "yes", surprised he knew him. Turns out the wife's cousin (Steve Brown) is the one that bought the White In-Line business a few years back - small world.

Dec. 2016 I was emailing Ron Paul (old employee of GRRW). I mentioned it would be fun to get the old group back together again, Ron said he had been thinking the same thing for years. I told Ron "Let's ask Doc if he's interested", made the call and he was worried about old war wound from GRRW closing. I told these guys to hold on. I'll call an attorney to see what can be done (natural reaction "who going to pay for that"???). I will, he's my nephew, within 24 hours we had a mission statement, and a disclaimer to protect everyone. Made a few more calls for parts, supplies wholesalers and we have Doc White, Carl Walker, Les Bennett and Ron Paul ready for our custom muzzle-loading gunsmiths, new name "Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association" [ GRRW.CA ].

Jan. 2017 We have our first order - a Leman Trade Rifle being built by Carl Walker (same gun, same smith when Doc started GRRW - that's pretty neat). I was the one that ordered the gun. As of today we have built (71) muzzleloaders sold, just like the old firm and have several on the benches. This new venture is a test to see how many may be interested in old school guns shooting what you shoot Lewis. Fun stuff guys ....

At his shop I started to count the number of guns that could be assembled one day, probably 50 - 60. This is what Carl Walker and myself figured. Doc's got some really neat stuff, modern and traditional, plus he's always playing with the Cowboy Shoot stuff. He has 125 acres with a box canyon as a back stop, always testing, fun guy. I guess you could say I know these guys.

Les Bennett -GRRW.CA Leman Trade Rifle (3).jpg
Leman Trade Rifle [ GRRW.CA ]

GRRW.CA.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back