Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flounder said:
Idaholewis said:
flounder said:
This rifle should get to Minnesota in a few days. https://utahgunexchange.com/ads/white-s ... 1-caliber/

I looked at that 1 a few days ago, Had it been Stainless i would have grabbed it!

I will say that I like stainless but some of my best shooting rifles are blued. My belief is that stainless is a little more forgiving if you don't clean your gun immediately. If you take care of your guns the way I do, blued barrels work out just fine.
Art

I agree Art! The Most finicky barrel i owned was Stainless Green Mountain LRH .50 Cal, That barrel would not shoot a soft lead bullet to save it’s @ss! But when you hardened the lead up a bit, like 1-40 Alloy (8 to 8.5 BHN) the Stainless barrel shot Great. I sold that barrel to a Forum member, but not before explaining to him my Trials and errors with it. As long as he shoots a Harder lead bullet it will do good for him :yeah: I bought a Brand new unfired Blued Green Mountain LRH in .50 Cal to replace the Stainless, This Blued version will shoot Soft or Harder lead equally well. The ONLY thing i will miss about the Stainless LRH Barrel is the Ease of Cleaning, That was by Far the easiest Muzzleloader barrel i have ever Cleaned, VERY DURABLE. But like you said, The Blued guns are not a Problem as long as you Take Care of them, Proper cleaning, Oiling

I recently bought a Stainless Knight MK-85 that i haven’t had the chance to test this Lead Hardness in, But i do not believe this Particular barrel is a Green Mountain? It does not have any kind of maker marks anywhere on it? If it were a Green Mountain i would think it would have their Logo on it? Something about Green Mountain “Stainless” LRH barrels that they will NOT shoot a Soft lead bullet worth a Darn?? Idahoron has a Few of them, His are identical in needs to the one i recently sold, Ron was the one that explained to me the importance of Slightly hardening the Lead to get the Stainless barrels to shoot, He was DEAD ON!

My blued Super 91 .451 came via Fed Ex today. I am sure it has never been fired. The "nut" he said needed to be brazed on was the rear lug, the one the screw goes through the trigger guard. This is what I figured from talking to him. I would bet a pretty penny that someone tried to remove the stock without taking that screw out first. Anyway I took the gun right over to a gun shop and they will weld it in place, shouldn't be too hard of a fix.
He also threw in some muzzleloading supplies, a spare breechplug, and some white super slugs. Overall I am happy. I'll be happier when I get the gun back from the shop.
Art

flounder said:
My blued Super 91 .451 came via Fed Ex today. I am sure it has never been fired. The "nut" he said needed to be brazed on was the rear lug, the one the screw goes through the trigger guard. This is what I figured from talking to him. I would bet a pretty penny that someone tried to remove the stock without taking that screw out first. Anyway I took the gun right over to a gun shop and they will weld it in place, shouldn't be too hard of a fix.
He also threw in some muzzleloading supplies, a spare breechplug, and some white super slugs. Overall I am happy. I'll be happier when I get the gun back from the shop.
Art
Does it have a square lug installed? Sounds like a great deal overall!

toytruck said:
flounder said:
Art
Does it have a square lug installed? Sounds like a great deal overall!
No, just the factory lugs Steve. I will bed the action into the stock and it should be fine.

Deep breaths, deep breaths, and keep telling myself I don't NEED another White. This is the sub-forum that is hardest to stay away from.... :shock:
I think I may need professional help...

1874sharpsshooter said:
Here you go Ed !! Only $300 starting bid :)
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/784540256
Nice pics of scope but I would rather see breech and bore :)
Same here. I looked at one couple of months back that was in "great condition". The outside wasn't too bad except the breech area, the BP and bore were terrible an pitted. :shock: Damn shame what some will do to a great shooting gun!!

edmehlig said:
1874sharpsshooter said:

##$!#@$%@$% Just when I had to lay out big bucks to get my car fixed a 451 White comes along! :evil:

I hear ya ed! I just bought a Brand New ATV with Winch and Snow Plow, And Spent another 4 thousand For a Wood Stove, and Install. My Muzzleloader funds are PINCHED! LOL! Truth is I don’t need ANYMORE, I have WAY more of them now than i can keep up with.

edmehlig said:
1874sharpsshooter said:

##$!#@$%@$% Just when I had to lay out big bucks to get my car fixed a 451 White comes along! :evil:
If’in your needing some super 91 or car fixin money id sure be interested in trading ya some for some more of them big bullets you make!

Fmfdred56 said:
edmehlig said:
1874sharpsshooter said:

If’in your needing some super 91 or car fixin money id sure be interested in trading ya some for some more of them big bullets you make!
There you go Ed. I need a couple hundred and I bet Fred needs at least 500 or a 1000 :mrgreen:

fishhawk2700 said:
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/783153585
This looks like fun.
I bought the S91 Super Safari .410 the guy had posted.
Hey fishhawk I got a breech plug can't respond on classafide and don't no how to pm

fishhawk2700 said:
Sent PM to Rodeo. Just click on "Private message" on the top of your Home page.

He will not be able to respond to PMs until he gets 25 posts. Classified policy and conducting sales outside of the Classified 25 post limit is not allowed. Sorry...

1874sharpsshooter said:
I asked the seller about the breech and bore . His answer was that he don’t t know much about the gun he is selling it for someone else . An answer like That is reason enough to be worried about condition. So buyer beware :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back