Whites for sale on other sites

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Running back and forth to China on business according to his sister. If you know him, he's always busy. I saw him last fall for a few minutes when he brought us a few things.

Man I thought I was blessed. I hunted with Doc twice on a preserve in Michigan with Mike Wills who was the sales mgr for White at the time. We called it the DWB Hunt. We all had a great time and loved talking to Doc. Man talk about a man with a wealth of knowledge on ML’s. The second hunt a friend of Doc’s Randy Smith was there with his son. I didn’t get anything on that trip, not that I couldn’t but I still had a great time.
Next time you see or talk to Doc tell him Ed Mehlig said hello.

Archeological stuff right for Steve, is he still selling parts. Good to hear he is well but China be the last place I'd be going ,even for business.

I've known Doc White and his crew since the mid '70s with GRRW. I was one of three dealers in Northern Colorado handling Green River Rifle Works products. Then they went belly up and I lost track of them until one day my wife's cousin said "you know Doc White don't you".

I said "yes", surprised he knew him. Turns out the wife's cousin (Steve Brown) is the one that bought the White In-Line business a few years back - small world.

Dec. 2016 I was emailing Ron Paul (old employee of GRRW). I mentioned it would be fun to get the old group back together again, Ron said he had been thinking the same thing for years. I told Ron "Let's ask Doc if he's interested", made the call and he was worried about old war wound from GRRW closing. I told these guys to hold on. I'll call an attorney to see what can be done (natural reaction "who going to pay for that"???). I will, he's my nephew, within 24 hours we had a mission statement, and a disclaimer to protect everyone. Made a few more calls for parts, supplies wholesalers and we have Doc White, Carl Walker, Les Bennett and Ron Paul ready for our custom muzzle-loading gunsmiths, new name "Green River Rifle Works Collectors Association" [ GRRW.CA ].

Jan. 2017 We have our first order - a Leman Trade Rifle being built by Carl Walker (same gun, same smith when Doc started GRRW - that's pretty neat). I was the one that ordered the gun. As of today we have built (71) muzzleloaders sold, just like the old firm and have several on the benches. This new venture is a test to see how many may be interested in old school guns shooting what you shoot Lewis. Fun stuff guys ....

At his shop I started to count the number of guns that could be assembled one day, probably 50 - 60. This is what Carl Walker and myself figured. Doc's got some really neat stuff, modern and traditional, plus he's always playing with the Cowboy Shoot stuff. He has 125 acres with a box canyon as a back stop, always testing, fun guy. I guess you could say I know these guys.

View attachment 12183
Leman Trade Rifle [ GRRW.CA ]

View attachment 12184

How COOL is that?!!! Again, i am glad you joined this Forum Buck, it’s a pleasure to have you here! You bring some REALLY Cool History, Stick around with us My friend!! :lewis:

Archeological stuff right for Steve, is he still selling parts. Good to hear he is well but China be the last place I'd be going ,even for business.

Good question. I've wondering what happened to the left over White parts Steve had. I know that all the White Rifles sites have been shut down. Did Doc wind up with those parts?

I'll have to ask his sister what's going on with Steve, he's hard to get hold of.

Few months ago I had a white owner Ed Mehlig contact me about modifying his #11 breech plug to accept a replaceable nipple which we did then asked about doing it for musket nipple which we did but required a different modifications.

So we discussed the option of making a replacement plug that could use either treso #11 nipple or treso musket nipple.

So after testing a couple prototypes we had the desired specs.
While trying to keep plug cost down but offer the highest quality part.
The plug is made of pre hardened 17-4 stainless steel which is awesome material for this application. I did my best to keep price as low as possible but material and cnc programming and low quantity production this is best i could do.

I have no intention of doing a 209 primer option or doing a vent liner plug.
I believe this plug with replacement nipples should last a lifetime.

Plugs are available for $50 shipped to your door also nipple available
$5 for Treso 1/4-28 #11 nipple
$5 for Treso 1/4-28 musket nipple

[email protected]

Thanks and god bless!

If anyone knows where I could find a trigger assembly for my SG Series White Lightning .504 Cal. it would be greatly appreciated. I bought it new in '94 or '95 if I remember correctly and haven't had any issues out of it until the evening before opening day of muzzleloader season in Virginia 2019. It just locked up. Almost like the safety is on. Spoke with Doc White and shipped it to him, but he informed me that it could not be fixed. Bought a "drop in" Timney replacement trigger assembly from him, but after receiving it and seeing that it needed modifications in order to fit I decided to send it back and get a refund. I also asked for my original trigger assembly back and Doc informed me that he had sent me the wrong Timney replacement trigger and that he could send me the correct one if I wanted it. I would prefer to buy an original replacement if I can or possibly find someone that could repair mine. Anyway, sorry for the long post and thanks for any help or advice.

Latest posts

Back