Why the Plasic cans from Goex?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
I just found out why! A couple weeks ago I had emptied my 2f Goex into my powder horn and looked at the bottom of the can on the inside. It was rusting pretty darn good!

Rust is a good reason to move to plastic IMO. Im sure its cheaper and lighter to ship as well, but rust would... is now my main concern.

It never bothered Goex. Hodgdon bought them out, and as far as I know. They only sell their powder in plastic bottles. I'm sure it's much cheaper too.

We've been getting our powder in plastic bottles for quite a while now.

:D 

As you guys already know I haven't been into the side locks very long but when I go buy GOEX I feel I'm signing away my oldest son. There's a serial number on the plastic containers that the shop agent logs a long with your  DRS. LICENSE and FOID card. ( FIRE ARMS OWNER IDENTIFICATION CARD ). It's a B/S thing they have here in IL. Without it a person can't buy a gun or ammo or black powder. The #1 question that's your asked is "why are buying this powder"  :?:  The #2 question is, "what are you going to do with it"  :?:  That should explain how stupid things are in the state. The answer to the 1st question also answers the second  :scratch:  :scratch:  :scratch: 
By the way, GOEX comes in black plastic containers here. $25.00 a pound  :(  :cry: 

Ray.......... ;)

Sorry if I high jacked the thread  :oops:

Ray I have to travel about 600 miles round trip to buy powder as only AEL sell the stuff and then they also want to know your whole pedigree before signing over the powder  :)

:oops:  :oops: 
And here I'm bitchin' about traveling 70/80 miles round trip  :oops:  :oops: 

Ray............. :shooter:

How much do you buy at 1 time when your running low  :?:

It's hard to find black powder any more because they make the dealers jump through so many hoops. The last can I bought I didn't fill out anything.

hawgslayer said:

As you guys already know I haven't been into the side locks very long but when I go buy GOEX I feel I'm signing away my oldest son. There's a serial number on the plastic containers that the shop agent logs a long with your  DRS. LICENSE and FOID card. ( FIRE ARMS OWNER IDENTIFICATION CARD ). It's a B/S thing they have here in IL. Without it a person can't buy a gun or ammo or black powder. The #1 question that's your asked is "why are buying this powder"  :?:  The #2 question is, "what are you going to do with it"  :?:  That should explain how stupid things are in the state. The answer to the 1st question also answers the second  :scratch:  :scratch:  :scratch: 
By the way, GOEX comes in black plastic containers here. $25.00 a pound  :(  :cry: 

Ray.......... ;)

That's Illinois for you! Of course I can't talk, Colorado is turning into a **** hole lately, especially now with the dope smokers  :evil:  Country is turning into a bunch of low lives IMO. Luckily I still have you older guys that grew up in the days when this country had balls and things that mattered.

Ray by law I may only possess 41/2 lbs at any one time , so when I drive to the depot I buy 41/2 lbs.

That's Illinois for you!  Of course I can't talk, Colorado is turning into a **** hole lately, especially now with the dope smokers  :evil:  Country is turning into a bunch of low lives IMO. Luckily I still have you older guys that grew up in the days when this country had balls and things that mattered.
Amen Brother........

FrontierGander said:
hawgslayer said:

Ray.......... ;)

That's Illinois for you!  Of course I can't talk, Colorado is turning into a **** hole lately, especially now with the dope smokers  :evil:  Country is turning into a bunch of low lives IMO. Luckily I still have you older guys that grew up in the days when this country had balls and things that mattered.
No! You can't have a gun, but.......you can have all the weed you want! Makes great sense!!

Doesn't matter. Nothing else will pass. I think the governor is sorry for what he passed already. He doesn't even have the cops on his side. They said they won't enforce what laws are in now.

No, but you can vote against him?

I don't understand your Obama analogy unless it's because he's anti-gun. It's too late for me to vote against Obama .. AGAIN! I'd gladly vote against either one and support an impeachment campaign.
The trouble with impeaching Obama is that idiot Biden would take over if Obama were convicted by the Senate (as if Harry Reid would would go along with that).

You sound as though you would give your governor a pass because he's sorry. We all know that all politicians are sorry. I'm sorry they exist.

Back