Wild Boar

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Name

Reaction score
Does anyone know about public land access and success for wild boar in the southern states? Thanks in advance Joe Name

Alabama WMA'a & pigs

In Alabama, quite a few of the wildlife management areas have become populated with hogs, and they present quite a problem. None-the-less, the state only allows pig-hunting during a scheduled hunt and permits weapons that are allowed during that hunt. For example, squirrel season opens Oct. 1, so you can hunt pigs on the management areas with a rim-fire rifle or a shotgun with #4's or smaller shot. I have managed to pop a couple with my .22 mag.

There are a couple of the management areas in the southern part of the state that have a pig-hunt during the summer, but mid-August in south Alabama means skeeters as big as mallard ducks and more water-moccasins than I want to think about.

Joe from my research a place like Crossville where the guys have their smokeless hunt is a good deal by the time you figure in time, gas, access etc.

Crossville

Rifleman, I haven't hunted Crossville since the early 80's. How's the pig population there now?

Rifleman said:
Joe from my research a place like Crossville where the guys have their smokeless hunt is a good deal by the time you figure in time, gas, access etc.
I have hunted pig on 2 game ranches one in TN. and one in OH. I now desire free ranging pigs. Right now I am looking at Fort Stewart.I have heard they got alot of bacon.

Latest posts

Back