Winchester 1300 problem

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rifleman said:
I have been to 2 gunsmiths and they say that is typical and there is nothing wrong with it. I say to them," this gun is used in law enforcement and no police force would use a gun that extracts the shell on it's own or cycles part way through the ejection process on its own.

Your smiths are correct, it is typical. And I am sorry I must respectfully disagree with your statement about the police. This is a quite common occurance, especially with heavy loads such as slugs and buckshot with the Win 1300,Rem 870, and Mossberg 500. Most LE are trained to fire and pump immediately after the shot through the recoil phase. This does not present a problem to them at all.

Ditto. Same for me on all three pumps I've ever owned and used, at least with anything other than light trap or quail loads.

Spit, why do you dislike this? For me, when deer or turkey hunting, I don't even notice, until after the action is all over and I realize that I don't remember pumping, but there's the hull on the ground and fresh round in the chamber ready to go. If nothing else, it just jump-starts the pump for you.

---------

Nevermind, finished the thread and saw your other replies. Good luck finding another turkey gun.

If it was me buying, there'd be no question: Mossberg 935 Ulti-Mag. Same as the 835 (3.5", backbored, ported, etc.), but on a semi-auto action. Should GREATLY reduce the recoil. Available with shorter barrels with sights for turkey hunting, and in matte camo finish (can't remember if it's RealTree, MossyOak, or Advantage). And you should be able to get it for a fraction of the cost of a Remington, Browning, Winchester, Benelli, or Beretta, none of which will come from the factory already back-bored.

I take my 1300 in the duckskiff that way if I lose a gun I am not out much plus it makes a grear paddle :lol:
Redclub

I have found out I just did not know how to operate the gun. They call it a speed pump, and for a good reason. They are fast. I guess I was always fighting the feature instead of using it. Oh well.... :oops:

Latest posts

Back