winchester apex 45 cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGT

Reaction score
freind has one with 195 gr. barnes expanders, any pet loads out there ? thanks in advance. T

BIGT.........I HAVE NEVER SHOT THAT 1 IN 45CAL,BUT WOULD I THINK I WOULD SHOOT THE HEAVIEST BULLET I COULD FIND FOR THAT INLINE.I AM SURE SOMEONE HERE CAN HELP YOU FARTHER THAN MYSELF.GOOD LUCK AN HOPE SHE TURNS OUT FOR YOUR FRIEND.

The 195 gr. Barnes is a good place to start, also include the T/C shock-waves in 200 gr.

If either one of these 2 bullets do not shoot accurately give the Pr bullets
a try in 220 gr.

Use 777 powder in both 2f and 3f and load in 5 grain increments.

Chocdog

I shot a doe last year with one in my Knight and it ended up being the only deer I have ever lost. Not a drop of blood to be found on what I thought was a good hit, so I abandened them. I never could get realy great accuracy out of them (2" 100 yards). I weighed them and found them to be extreemly uniform in weight so I guese my Knight just didn't like them. The Hornady 200GR SST's with 120 gr 777 give me 3/4" at 100 yards with complete pass throughs and the deer drop within a few yards of where they were shot..

Back