Windsheild Washer fluid or windex & rubbing Alcohol

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhunt4work

Reaction score
OK ---I have seen both mentioned windex and windshield washer fluid mixed 50/50 with rubbing alcohol. So what is the mixture???

I use 40/60 40% Windex 60% - 91% Alcohol
Works great Alcohol evaps faster this way !!!

mix

murphy's is new, why murphy;s? I also saw brake fluid somewhere??

I've been using a 50/50 mix of car windshield washer fluid and isopropyl alcohol for years now. It works great and is cheap to make. It will remove grease and oil from your bore and start to dry on its own, which is a big plus.

On traditional rifles with a #11 caps system, I use straight isopropyl alcohol when it gets cold. Otherwise it seems I have more hangfires and misfires.

50/50 mix of widshield washer fluid and isoproplyl alcohol for me too. Works great.

Hello all! I am new to muzzle loading and was wondering if this concoction is used between shots or if this is for after shoot cleaning? Do you keep this in a squirt bottle or presoak pads? I currently have a Pro Hunter on layaway and can't wait to get it out and start shooting!

I use this as a between shot swab

I use a good gun bore cleaner for after range setions

Ton

I use straight Windex with vinegar. It is the clear Windex. The stuff eats up BP residue as well as JSG, 777 and Pyrodex residue. I use it in a spray bottle to clean the breech plug and bore. It cleans up the crud ring right now.

Also use it for swabbing between shots.

cleaning

sometimes when I'm cleaning I pour a little for myself, that way the gun won't be the only one using alcohol, course mine is more odf a smooth bourbon than isopropyl. A little for me a litle for te gun and an afternoon will just fly by...............

Re: cleaning

Buck said:
sometimes when I'm cleaning I pour a little for myself, that way the gun won't be the only one using alcohol, course mine is more odf a smooth bourbon than isopropyl. A little for me a litle for te gun and an afternoon will just fly by...............

It would take me forever to clean my rifles with a bourbon mixer.. :lol:
I'm too careful now, after that I'd be twice as critical.

Back