WMC update...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doegirl

Reaction score
First off, I would like to thank you guys for sharing your knowledge and experience. You've made things "easy" for me. 8) I got to go out this evening and toy with the white mountain carbine. I was going to do some fine tuning, but ran out of light. Here is the last target of the day. This gun really likes maxihunters.
andr3a047.jpg

that is excellent shooting, and furthermore that's a great looking rifle! the sights on those t/c's arent very precise, so those are really remarkable results. how do you have the sights set up? i have my renegade set such that i cover the target with the front bead at 50 yds (sorta like a peep). on my greyhawk, the sights had to be bottomed out, and the POI is still a little high. funny, the sights on both rifles dont match up particularly well to POI. on the renegade, the rear sight is bottomed out on windage to get the correct results. on the greyhawk, the rear sight is bottomed out on elevation.

I got lucky, the gun was already "on paper" at 25 and 50 yds. I cover the bullseye with the bead. The birchwood/casey's shoot and see target spots and the bead of my gun almost match up perfectly @ 50 yds. To be quite honest, I do not like the rear sight. It blocks out way too much of the target. Chances are I'll be getting a peep sight for the gun in the future.

If I wanted a short range rifle like you described, and could shoot groups like that at 50 yards with that load I would not touch a thing. That is some excellent shooting.

I sure would not put a peep sight on it. I have a T/C Peep sight. I never use it. In fact I took it off. When hunting the woods in the late afternoon it is too hard to get enough light to make the last minute shots. I refuse to hunt with the ghost ring. I do use it on the target range when I want to impress people.

With the load you have and the way that will group, I'd hate to be the deer that had to come within 100 yards of you. With it that up at 50 yards, aim dead center kill zone and let fly. You will be eating venison.

Very nice shooting, nice rifle, and I am glad it came in so fast for you. These traditionals are kind of fun ... don't ya think?? :D

Latest posts

Back