wolf 22lr target match

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey0127781

Reaction score
does any have any experience with wolf 22lr ammo. I bought two 50rd packs to test out of my mossberg. guy at the gun shop gave great review with targets to match. all the online gives it great reviews on it.

only thing I do know about it, unlike there centerfire ammo. 22lr is made in Germany not Russia

I don't have personal experience with wolf but I have shot alot of SK standard plus and it's made by lapua. I want to say wolf might be made by lapua as well, I think I read that the SK and the wolf are pretty muchly the same. I'm not 100 percent on that but the point is, those match grade .22lr shells are capable of supreme accuracy.

I have a cz 452 varmint that I shoot sk plus out of and it is a one holer with the match grade stuff. I have a feeling you will like it. Does the lead almost feel greasy to the touch on that wolf ammo?

almost looks like it has sometype of coating. have not taken any out of the box.

the guy at the guns shop said the same thing and thinks the wolf is better. with out paying for the lapua.

It's outstanding stuff. I shoot it in my CMP 40x and Kimber 82G trainers. It will hold MOA at 200 yards when I pay attention to the wind. What most rimfire competitors do is buy a few boxes or a brick of various lots then test them. Which ever lot gives the best overall accuracy, they hunt for that lot number and buy a bunch (case or more) and use it for matches.

I am going to try wolf in my lever action 22 sometime, my semiauto likes it, but not as much as it does cci's

Back