Wolf and V2 Day with JSG

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Got my nephews wolf out today, i wanted to shoot some JSG 3F 90gr with the 245gr Powerbelts. Got everything on at 50 yards, group wasnt that great but once i got out to 100 yards, i learned what i did wrong.

Lowest shot was the first shot on a clean bore.
000_2234.jpg

I left the firing pin bushing screwed in all of the way and used Winchester W209 primers.
000_2236.jpg

000_2237.jpg

Recovered primers,
000_2243.jpg

Those primers acted like the way they do in Rons breech plug. Dirty on one side, clean on the other. Im pretty sure whats happening is when the load goes off, the pressure pushes the primer back and cocks it in the plug.

My brother came out as well with the V2 and we decided to just go with it. Both the V2 and Wolf are asking for a heavier charge.
50 yards with the V2. Shot in bulls eye is on a clean bore.
000_2240.jpg

Recovered primers in the V2.
000_2242.jpg

Taking the wolf out to 100 yards i first did my shooting and learned, LET IT COOL DOWN! That JSG is picky about barrel heat and i didnt catch on until after my brother shot his. At the end, i fired 2 more shots " not pictured" and ended up with a 3" group. I am going to reload some 100gr charges and try that tomorrow.
000_2249.jpg

Taking the V2 out to 100 yards, my brother fired the first shot on a clean bore. PERFECT!
000_2247.jpg

Next 3 shots drifted waaaaay the hell over to the right.
000_2248.jpg

I think with some powder adjustments we can get the groups tightened up.

This was actually the first time i ever got the 3f JSG to shoot somewhat decent at 100 yards with a light weight bullet.

Interesting observations you've been making FG with the firing pin position and primers.

Very informative range report too.

Latest posts

Back