Wolfhound "Golden Pig" Awards

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt,
Congratulation on your FIRST BIG GAME animal. :applause:
Sorry about the gun.
Unfortunately you have conveniently escaped proper ceremony of becoming a HUNTER, but we will postpone it until next year.
What do you all guys think? Can this be done next year?

nugbuk said:
Matt,
Congratulation on your FIRST BIG GAME animal. :applause:
Sorry about the gun.
Unfortunately you have conveniently escaped proper ceremony of becoming a HUNTER, but we will postpone it until next year.
What do you all guys think? Can this be done next year?

I guess so. Not sure what you mean by proper ceremony. I never did anything like that when I killed my first big game animal, unless you count smoking a cigar. :?

The final award is the "Behemoth Boar," awarded to the biggest, longest, grossest, fattest pig this side of Rosie O'Donnell. Last year, Blue Dot bagged this coveted trophy with a unique transexual pig of some sort-- obviously no effort was spared. Mercifully, this year's most prominent porker was of a more conventional gender.

The first day this year was less than a spectacular harvest, with many hunters seeing no pigs and some hunter's knees trembling and otherwise begging for mercy. The next day, many hunters tried, and many pigs donated their lives to ballistic science yet no true behemoth was quickly bagged.

Out of the misty mist and the dusky dusk came the fearless Savage girl, Kristel, with the fearless luminol-bearing pharmacological pig-slayer by her side. Suddenly, a shot range out-- there must have been an echo in the Crossville timber that morning, 'cause I thought I heard another. Who knows?

But, yes, yes, yes-- the Behemoth was finally spotted (actually, mostly solid in color) by our sultry Savage princess, and became diseased shortly thereafter.

2006hogblast%20029.jpg

There we have the happy duo of Kristel and the Behemoth Boar while perhaps not quite so happy, is resting comfortably. Looks like Kristel has nicer teeth than the recently popped pig? Unknown-- I never really did have a chance to measure her tusks.

The Behemoth started day the without delay, but Savage girl made him her prey. Looks like one less plate for dinner in boarland, and several extra pig platters for Kristel.

Since Kristel has been recently adding to her gold rings n' things collection, the Golden Pig award fits right in with her new color scheme. The reputed last words of the pig were:

I began to scratch the gravel, on my all fours I did travel,
I rambled down the road the best I could.
When I awoke next morning, just as the day was dawning,
I was just a hog away out in the Crossville woods.
My brother hogs began to grumble, I started and I stumbled,
I fell right in their midst and there I lay.
Then one by one they started, all the herd departed,
Every other hog walked away-- but not me, for 'twas Kristel who did slay.

Heart-warming, isn't it?

So alas and alack, it was Kristel Attack . . .
Thanks to Kristel, it is no more eating babies.

From now on, the Behemoth will just be pushing up daisies. :shock:

2006hogblast%20012.jpg

Congratulations to Savage Girl for her trophy-winning Behemoth Boar Blast!

Patrick White said:
I guess so. Not sure what you mean by proper ceremony. I never did anything like that when I killed my first big game animal, unless you count smoking a cigar. :?
We have time to come up with something. Cigar can be included. I bet you did not kill your first animal in company such a good guys.

barneshog.jpg

If there was a closest shot award, or a zero step award, it would have been in the running. The excitement was threading a 300 gr. Barnes Original Spitzer Soft point through the brush . . . and avoiding three dogs that has the porker bayed up against a log pile.

Tender, tasty pork was the reward.

bigpig.jpg

Here, Dad and Winfred are inspecting the head of the 9 ft. long, 800 lb., Loshbough "Presidential Pig"-- from the Bronze Age? Taken in Dec. 2005 @ Loshbough.

It was a whopperdoodle. :shock: Wonder what his big brother looks like?

Thanks for the "sorry sow" award Randy. I am so honored, touched, humbled, and choked up that I'm.....I.....I just can't continue......

Sure you can, Harry-- and I think you will; like next year. 8)

There are other awards to win; I think everyone understands that you you merely wanted son Matt to outshoot Dad. :roll: :wink: Ahem.

Back