Wolf's Final sight in

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Just finished up a long day out at my range. I got all the info on the Wolf that i needed so its going to get cleaned spotless then given to my brother in law as he really liked it.
000_1115.jpg

All shots are at 100 yards with 90gr Blackhorn 209.

245gr Powerbelt - Standard CCI primers, All on a hot barrel except for the first shot thats in the orange
000_1112.jpg

3 more shots
000_1114.jpg

Later on this evening my range finally got shady and cooled down greatly. This helped the barrel cool down fairy fast and my groups shrunk with the 245s
000_1117.jpg

I switched to the CCI 209M primers and the 295gr Powerbelt,
000_1119.jpg

I did shoot the Thor II's but like a Dumas i forgot to take a picture before i posted a new target over it
With the same powder charge they grouped 1 3/4" with a hot barrel on all shots. Im out of Thor's so the next time i get some in i'll have my brother in law play with them in the Wolf.
000_1116.jpg

Good 3 hour range session though! Maybe i will play with the Optima for a while tomorrow.

FG that is a very nice thing to do and I am sure having it dialed in was a lot of fun.

Hi Gander,

nice grouping! Looking forward to get my Wolf. I ordered the same model as you have there. I'll start with PowerBelts and then Hornady SST and XTP.

Powder is Wano PP and perhaps Pyrodex RS.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Back