Wolf's Final sight in

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Just finished up a long day out at my range. I got all the info on the Wolf that i needed so its going to get cleaned spotless then given to my brother in law as he really liked it.
000_1115.jpg

All shots are at 100 yards with 90gr Blackhorn 209.

245gr Powerbelt - Standard CCI primers, All on a hot barrel except for the first shot thats in the orange
000_1112.jpg

3 more shots
000_1114.jpg

Later on this evening my range finally got shady and cooled down greatly. This helped the barrel cool down fairy fast and my groups shrunk with the 245s
000_1117.jpg

I switched to the CCI 209M primers and the 295gr Powerbelt,
000_1119.jpg

I did shoot the Thor II's but like a Dumas i forgot to take a picture before i posted a new target over it
With the same powder charge they grouped 1 3/4" with a hot barrel on all shots. Im out of Thor's so the next time i get some in i'll have my brother in law play with them in the Wolf.
000_1116.jpg

Good 3 hour range session though! Maybe i will play with the Optima for a while tomorrow.

FG that is a very nice thing to do and I am sure having it dialed in was a lot of fun.

Hi Gander,

nice grouping! Looking forward to get my Wolf. I ordered the same model as you have there. I'll start with PowerBelts and then Hornady SST and XTP.

Powder is Wano PP and perhaps Pyrodex RS.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Latest posts

Back