X7 Ready To Hunt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G_0544.jpg

G_0546.jpg

Made it out a couple three days ago with the X7. The One power scope doesn't make aim easy. Range ended up at 79 yard. Shot twice, and was happy, then the thiird shot went off before aim was settled and hit a way low. Shot twice more. Trigger was good for the last two shots but was still disgusted.

Load was 76 grain weighed Blackhorn, 209a primer, 265g Fury STB, crush rib sabot.

Decided a cure for the wild trigger would be a spray of machine oil into the innards. Time will tell.

Decided a cure for the wild trigger would be a spray of machine oil into the innards.

I disagree -- I'd flush it out with Naptha (lighter fluid); as it will rinse out any crud and dry quickly. I've never oiled any triggers or trigger groups, and the guys on the centerfire benchrest circuit (think "5 shots touching at 100 yards, in the wind") recommended Naptha to me years ago. Oil is the wrong choice, in my experience/opinion.

Old No7

I disagree -- I'd flush it out with Naptha (lighter fluid); as it will rinse out any crud and dry quickly. I've never oiled any triggers or trigger groups, and the guys on the centerfire benchrest circuit (think "5 shots touching at 100 yards, in the wind") recommended Naptha to me years ago. Oil is the wrong choice, in my experience/opinion.

Old No7
I agree with the lighter fluid.
Every custom trigger I have, rather it be a Jewell or Trigger Tech Diamond, all recommend lighter fluid. Rinse it thoroughly, let it dry and reassemble. No lubricants necessary.

Latest posts

Back