Xtps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txcookie

Reaction score
Trying to work up a load for my encore using Xtps 250 grain. Any advice? Tried 100 grains of trip 7 fffg. Shot gun 8 inch groups at 100. I'm thinking a lot less powder

What sabots are you shooting? I use the 250 XTP's out of my triumph and 100gr of T7 w/ harvester crush rib sabots with great accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: RE: Re: Xtps

50bowhunter said:
What sabots are you shooting? I use the 250 XTP's out of my triumph and 100gr of T7 w/ harvester crush rib sabots with great accuracy.

I honestly don't know. Black mmps I think

Your charge of 100 grains seems reasonable. I do like the 'crush rib' sabots too. I assume your scope is fine?

I'd keep experimenting as you have other components to try. Maybe back off to the 50 yard line until you have it mostly ironed out. I'd think your gun should do a lot better, properly tuned up.

Even if you may not hunt with them, try some SST or Shockwave bullets.

With sst I'm average 1.5 to 2 inch groups off of my bags. Shot a 1.5 inch group before trying this load. I clean the barrel after every shot.

BuckDoeHunter said:
Sabots come with bullets? Most reviews say that combo shoots very well.

Swabbing between shots?

Powder fresh?
Nope bought them seperate.

50bowhunter said:

I might have to try the sabots your using. I found the package of sabots their knight

+1 on the Crush Ribs. In every rifle I've tried them in, they've given the best accuracy and easy loading. The .50`s I've used them in were: TC Omega( 44 & 45 caliber bullets),Knight American ( 45 cal bullets) TC Black Diamond XR (45 cal bullets) and a Super.45 XR Black Diamond ( .40 cal bullets).
The .45 went from being... difficult, to a spooky accurate hunter. She showed the most improvement. They've never let me down.

Latest posts

Back