yesterdays range session

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corey012778

Reaction score
pulled my knight usak out and shot about 5 or 6 different conicals. all with 75grs of triple 7 and at 50yrds. i have only shot about 3 total until yesterday. out of this gun. so it was a learning what it liked.

first up was 295gr powerbelts.
shooting1007.jpg

next up was the 350 fpb's (first round)
called my 3rd shot low. it was
shooting1006.jpg

then some 350 gr tc maxi and 385gr great plains.
shooting1005.jpg

I also shot some lee reals both the 250gr and 320grs. misplaced the target some where. this where sent to me to try to see if I like them enough to buy the molds. the 320grs did not like my gun. they where cast smaller then barrel. I heard them going out of barrel. complete miss. the 250grs showed promise.

the last 5 of the day where more fpb's. really like the target after I was done with it.
shooting1008.jpg

Corey are you using open sights or scope? I have a USAK that likes 80gr. T7 and 250 Shockwaves. With a scope it will shoot 3 in 5/8" at 65yrds.

has a cheap tasco 3-9 x 40 on it
my usak likes 75grs to 90grs of just about any powder, with 85grs of pyro p being its fav. 4 or 5 bullet shoot very well at that charge.

I put 4 fpb's thou it. :lol:

I had a cheap NcStar 3-9X40 that was rubber coated and I cut the rubber off when I mounted it but after I shot it the last time I couldn't get it to move over to where I needed it to go. I sent it back and they sent me a new one and I just mounted it but left the rubber on it this time. I'm going to try to shoot it Monday or tuesday and see how it will do.

been looking at an ncstar for my sks.

my tasco has almost 1000rds on it (about 60 from my 30-06 the rest from my muzzleloader). I put an tasco that was an the grade better then it and it did not last 300rds. got an horseshoe on this one.

I can say that NcSTAR will replace a scope ASAP but I'm not sure that its worth the trouble. After all of the time a person puts into getting a rifle zeroed and the scope goes bad. I have 2 Barska scopes, a 1.5-6X42 on a Traditions EBolt .45 and a 4-12X42 on a CVA Kodiac Magnum .50. Both have the illuminated reticles and so far I like them. They are fairly cheap cost wise and no problems yet. I've got a model 70 .300WSM that I put a Leupold Rifleman 3-9X40 on and it will change the POI after several rounds. It doesn't have the clicks on the adjustment screws and I don't know if thats the problem or not. Guess I should send it back but its too close to hunting season this year.

Latest posts

Back