You guys sell your guns?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawdwaz

Reaction score
Boy it sure is quiet around here! Anybody still shooting smokeless ML 'ers? I sure hope so.

How about plans for this fall?

Same ol same ol for me. Early ML hunt in PA in a couple weeks then the regular gun season and late season here in Western New York/Finger Lakes area. Archery starts earlier than ever this year, 10/1/2012. We'll be hitting that a bit harder than usual. Two weeks sooner than the past 100 years. <grin>

The excitement builds.....

Well, you guys excited & any big plans??????

:D

Im still here and still shooting the ULA and Pacnor 45. The Savage 50 doesn't get much attention unless i can make a weekend out of it. It was so hot this year, i didn't get out to the property very much.

The only plans for now is to try some N120 in the ULA with a 275gr BE. It seemed to work good for Chuck when he owned it.

I just got the 4x12x40 VORTEX scope mounted on my CVA 45-70 slufoot conversion about 3 hours ago. I think I might try the 200 gr. sabotless LEIGHS out of it.

I'm new to the Smokeless ML but I'm finally ready for the season. I was able to get my Optima Elite 45-70 Slufoot Conversion to shoot just under an 1" group at 100 yards shooting 200 SST. Going out later to try 200, 300, and possibly 400 yards.

Can't wait for late muzzleloader season.

River Rat

Post up some groups from the longer range stuff.

Glad to see you guys are still around!! I was getting nervous................<grin>

I am glad this site has been maintained. Good information.

Its great to see the new smokeless shooters off to a good start.

Sqezer, i must have missed your build. Did you go with the Apex 45/70 conversion?

Mostly I've been shooting my Encore in preparation for an Oct 20 elk hunt in NM. Last Sunday I took HB 161 with me. That smokeless smoked the Encore. 6 shots at 100 yds resulted in 4 touching a 1" bullseye, 1 was an inch high and 1 was an inch low. (43 gr 4759, harvester sabot and 300 gr sst.) This Sunday, I'm going to shoot both at 300 yards.

I have no plans to shoot at an elk at 300 yards, but maybe out to 250. A deer at 300 yards is my goal with the Savage.

BR's Cob

Here is some sabotless shooting I did this week with Parker 250 BE blems in my Rem 700ML .45 Pacnor.

100yds
5shots.jpg

blem1009-28.jpg

200yds
blem200.jpg

Last week with my Rem 700ML .45 McGowen shooting 250 Parker BE's sabotless at 100yds.

mcgowenbe9-17-12.jpg

sqezer said:
Yep, It's a CVA Apex 45-70 slufoot conversion.

Congrats!!!

Those conversions are supposed to be excellent shooters and it has a very reasonable hunting weight.

Here is an Optima Elite 45-70 Conversion done by Slufoot and it's shooting abilities!

100 Yards

101_5454.jpg

I only had time to see where to aim at 200, 300, and 400 but I know where to aim now!!! :)

100_5455.jpg

100_5457.jpg

I do not believe Slufoot is on this forum. He's on Doug's Message Boards. He converts centerfire 45-70 barrels designed for the single shot break open rifles by threading for a Savage breechplug. He does great work and at an affordable price. You send him your barrel and a Savage breechplug with $80 and that includes return shipping.

NULA

I am still waiting for my NULA I ordered in April so I will be still using the Black Diamond. NY Northen Zone muzzleloader season starts on 10-13. I took the week off for it. I might mix in some Southern Zone bowhunting as I live near the N.Zone-S.Zone border. Also I am chasing a group of gobblers on my family property. Usually I fill my turkey tags by now but this year is off to a rough start. I have off the last 4 days of the late Southern Zone Muzzleloader season also. and lots of rifle time.

Omega45 said:
I do not believe Slufoot is on this forum. He's on Doug's Message Boards. He converts centerfire 45-70 barrels designed for the single shot break open rifles by threading for a Savage breechplug. He does great work and at an affordable price. You send him your barrel and a Savage breechplug with $80 and that includes return shipping.

Those guns are shot sabotless? Terrific grouping!

Re: NULA

thhn said:
I am still waiting for my NULA I ordered in April so I will be still using the Black Diamond. NY Northen Zone muzzleloader season starts on 10-13. I took the week off for it. I might mix in some Southern Zone bowhunting as I live near the N.Zone-S.Zone border. Also I am chasing a group of gobblers on my family property. Usually I fill my turkey tags by now but this year is off to a rough start. I have off the last 4 days of the late Southern Zone Muzzleloader season also. and lots of rifle time.

Did Melvin tell you when you could expect the gun? Hopefully it gets here soon. Post up some pics when in hand.

Good luck regardless and, once again, pics for the masses!!

I ordered my NULA in December. When I ordered it Melvin said 7 months. I emailed him in Aug. to check the status and he said they were finishing up a bunch of centerfire rifles and expected to have muzzleloaders done in October.

NULA

Mel told me it would be 7 months when I ordered in April. Maybe it will be in the October batch that cwd refered to.

Latest posts

Back