Your Favorite Muzzleloader

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which did you like best

• CVA Accura V2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T/C Triumph( non Bone Collector)

• Knight Disc Extreme

• Traditions Vortek(normal and ultralight)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wintherbarnes

Reaction score
Just wondering what ml you like best. I am planning on getting the Accura but just thought I would see which one you guys liked best. I am trying to put some of the common muzzleloaders that are under $500 on the poll.
If you vote please post and say what you liked about the muzzleloader.
Please don't bash a company unless YOU have had PERSONAL experience with it.
Also don't try to talk me out of the Accura. I have read tons of reviews and it has some features I really like.
Thanks.

I don't own nor have I shot any of the ML's on your list, however the two that I have owned were both under $500. My first ML was a Knight LK-93 and even though I bought it used and the bore was pretty rough it still shot good. The only thing I did not like was it did not balance well. My second ML a Knight KRB that has been modified to shoot BH209 is a real tack driver and I'm loving it. The quality is there and accuracy is there.

wintherbarnes said:
Just wondering what ml you like best. I am planning on getting the Accura but just thought I would see which one you guys liked best. I am trying to put some of the common muzzleloaders that are under $500 on the poll.
If you vote please post and say what you liked about the muzzleloader.
Please don't bash a company unless YOU have had PERSONAL experience with it.
Also don't try to talk me out of the Accura. I have read tons of reviews and it has some features I really like.
Thanks.

Of the muzzleloaders listed in the poll... I did cast my vote.

I have no good reasons to get a break open. I already have Triumph and it is my mind the the best and most out of the box accurate rifle. I have an Omega that I thought was the best ML for many years.

I have no interest in a CVA or Traditions - for a lot of personal reasons..

So I am left with the Knight Extreme which a very good rifle but not the best Knight IMO.

The only rifle I have experience with is the Knight Extreme. A great rifle.

Nimrodder said:
Accura V2 even though its as ugly as the Chief 8)
It otter come with a warning label then. :lol:

None of the above are my favorite but I would choose the Disc Extreme because it is a good solid rifle and it is the only one of the four I have owned.

Love my son's Triumph!

-great trigger
-absolutely no blowback, primers are spotless after shooting
-accurate with several different bullets and powder charges
-light weight, easy to carry on the long hikes
-good fit when shouldering
-weathershield coating still looks brand new after rain, snow, dirt, etc.
-inside of barrel is still spotless after 3 years of range time and hunting

-not the easiest to clean, many nooks and cranies on the speed breech plug and inside the barrel where the plug seats

If the Accura is anything like the Apex, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. Love my Apex too!

:D :)

I have 2 Accuras. The first one was the V1. Took 3 deer and a hawg with it. Then the V2 came along and so far I've taken 4 deer with it. I haven't shot or even come into contact with those other models so I can't say which is better. I'm not even going to give an opinion on the rifles from what I've read because I feel that talk is cheat but 1st hand knowledge is the best when asked about a certian item.

Ray............. :wink:

hawgslayer said:

I have 2 Accuras. The first one was the V1. Took 3 deer and a hawg with it. Then the V2 came along and so far I've taken 4 deer with it. I haven't shot or even come into contact with those other models so I can't say which is better. I'm not even going to give an opinion on the rifles from what I've read because I feel that talk is cheat but 1st hand knowledge is the best when asked about a certian item.

That's why those that know say "White ML's" are the BEST!! :lol: :lol:

Ive only owned the Extreme and an Accura V1 out of the choices offered. I liked my Extreme better but ive sold both and my favorite isn't on the list.

My Green Mountain 54-120 brush gun is basically a higher quality (IMO) version of the Extreme and is still my current favorite ML. It does exactly what i want and im confident in its performance when it really matters.

The NULA would likely take that honor but i don't really consider a $1800 "custom" SML to be in the same league as a $400 limited production ML that is based on a far more common mass produced action.

edmehlig said:
hawgslayer said:

They aren't gonna listen to us ole farts Ed, might as well save your breath... :lol:

Looks like a lot of people like those Disc Extremes. Isn't that the rifle that uses a plastic disc to hold the primer?

toytruck said:
edmehlig said:
hawgslayer said:

They aren't gonna listen to us ole farts Ed, might as well save your breath... :lol:

Yea, the wife and kids don't so why should anybody else???? :lol: :lol:

Chick said:
Looks like a lot of people like those Disc Extremes. Isn't that the rifle that uses a plastic disc to hold the primer?

The DISC can use a FPJ - Fullplastic Jacket
or NFPJ - Non Full Plastic Jacket with is just a bare 209 primer

I know 2 people that had rifles that used this things, and they complained about them being a pain to mess with. I never even laid eyes on them, but have to wonder about why they were ever incorporated in that design.

Chick said:
I know 2 people that had rifles that used this things, and they complained about them being a pain to mess with. I never even laid eyes on them, but have to wonder about why they were ever incorporated in that design.

The FPJ's are one on Knights more favorite accessories, they probably sell more of them than they do bullets, and still sell a lot of them today. With the FPJ the rifle can become completely sealed to water or moisture. Install a FPJ & Primer by dropping it in the opening of the bolt close the bolt, put a muzzle mitt on the end of the barrel throw the loaded rifle in the water for a day - pull the gun out let the excess water drain off out of the action and shoot it. It really is a pretty easy system to use and master.

I still prefer the NFPJ right now although it is just a bit more tedious to load the primer in the bolt especially in cold weather with gloves on... another reason so many hunters like the FPJ - easier to use in cold weather.

of the list have only owned the disc extreme and it's shoot OK, not great though. Still working on that aspect. Would love to add a V2 to the collection though.

Latest posts

Back