1:20 .45 Mountaineer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upper Hand

Reaction score
Anyone else on here get one? Supposedly they only made 25, rifle number 16 arrived here today. I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend.

Did not know they had produced any yet. Mind telling us where "Arrived here" is? I've been hoping they would build a 1:20 Ultra Lite.

I found out a couple weeks ago that they were making a run of 25 rifles. By the time I called there were only 4 still available. Mine is a forest green, thumb hole, bare primer set up. I'm trying to upload some pictures but the files are too large and I haven't mastered this on my phone yet. Push come to shove I'll use my desk top later.

I always hear about these things too late. I would have been all over that! I dont know why they dont have a custom shop. They would definitely get the buisness..

I wouldn't go so far as to say they have a custom shop that's open to requests, I got the impression that this was a test run after a few people asked for a hunting oriented version of the 500. Trying to get pictures up but photobucket keeps freezing up on me

100_24911_zpso5cmobpn.jpg
[/url][/img]

I'm probably going to throw in the towel on photobucket, if you're in the Facebook group "Inline Muzzle Loaders shooting Nation" I have some pictures up on there.

Thanks. Rifle is a beauty that's for sure and that picture doesn't even do it justice. I normally don't go for thumb hole stocks but with the way it brings out the layers in the laminate I couldn't pass it up.

As to Knight and why they build some really cool stuff but don't tell anybody, well that is beyond me. I still couldn't tell you if the 500 ever came to market, the only official mention would seem to be pictures at the NRA convention and the May shoot in Friendship, neither of which did they go into much detail. I personally would have liked to have seen it advertised more, at the very least to just let the larger shooting community see how they're pushing the envelope with what these rifles can do. All that I can suggest is that if you want something, call and ask for it. Worse they can say is no, but maybe you'll plant the seed for a production run down the road. Personally I would love to see a 32 disc rifle with the TC 1:30 twist, perhaps if a hand full of folks expressed interest they'd make a batch.

It would be nice if knight would let people no what there selling. I would love to have a new 1-20 twist. looking for your range report on your new toy.

Im curious what the land to land measures. Those could end up being a great sabotless rifle with the Parker bullets.

I no my 45 cal 1-30 mountaineer you just can drop a 270gr E max down the bore. I would not shoot that just was looking to see what would go.

There is a chance your 1-30 will shoot a 275gr BE with 120gr of BH209. Thats the load and rifle used by a guy at Friendship. A 250gr should shoot no problem if the jacket is thin enough.

As for a range report you may have to wait a while, it will likely be 2016 before this gets shot. With archery season starting Tuesday and some work still yet to be dialing in the scope and load for my ML2 before November I doubt I'll find the time.

When it finally gets a scope mounted I have a bunch of 522g .451 conicals that will probably get first crack at it.

I'll try to remember to bring a micrometer home from work next week and get land and groove measurements for those curious.

It's my understanding land to land will be same as 1-30 twist .4515 to .4520
The 1-30 shoot250-275 ballistic extreme very well if knurl them up then size to fit.
Knight rifle builds these 1-20 twist for mostly lead shooters they haven't embrassed the ideal of sabotless copper jacket bullet which if barrel was .450 would really be helpful .
These new 1-20 guns are tapered barrel like mountaineer.
This is not there proposed new 45 1-18 twist bull barrel 500 lrm .
Hopefully it will be tight bore gun to help sabotless jacket bullet shooters.

a1smokepole said:
It would be nice if knight would let people no what there selling. I would love to have a new 1-20 twist. looking for your range report on your new toy.

We new about this for awhile. But there was no intention ever that I new of to sell any of them to the public. I have no interest in any caliber mountaineer and I would tell anyone to wait and see if they ever come out with a fast twist 45 Ultralite.

WV Hunter said:
Nice rifle! I'm surprised someone here didn't hear about them being made.

Good luck with it whenever you get around to shooting it.
I knew about it , but i decided to go the Custom route instead

Back