1:20 .45 Mountaineer

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bestill said:
I for one have said many times that knight should build a fast twist45 . So others would have a opportunity to have a true long range muzzleloader. But i didn't buy one since i already have2 fast twist45 knight.
If most muzzleloader shooters would try a properly setup 1-20 45 with rite load would never want to go back to a saboted 50 cal.
So i do believe knight could offer a fast twist 45 replacement barrel for bolt rifle and some proven load ballistics and range reports on there web site and dominate the muzzleloader sales.
Bullet choices are incredible from heavy paper patch or grease groove bullets to high b.c copper jacketed bullets to even40 cal in sabot.

One of the main problems is that in the States with Muzzleloader Seasons, they are not legal for hunting the larger big game. Most will allow them for deer hunting if you use a 44 or larger bullet - so in essence a full bore conical.

It would be interesting to see how many states mandate larger than 44 or 45 caliber. It would be perfectly ok to shoot a plastic patched 40 caliber bullet with that fast twist 45 here in Minnesota although that would not be my choice of bullets. If I had a thousand dollars laying around that I didn't know what to do with I would probably buy one of these but I have my two fast twist White rifles so I don't know why I'd need one unless I was going to start shooting extremely long range.

Knight should offer it anyway as an option. Also there is a need for a Match rifle that is affordable to average shooter, maybe as sporter model

These guns will also shoot 45 cal jacketed bullets sabotless with great accuracy.

fivebull said:
Knight should offer it anyway as an option. Also there is a need for a Match rifle that is affordable to average shooter, maybe as sporter model
If it was a match gun i would have been on the phone a long time ago . Mountaineer, well i have to think about that a little because i would have to part with with something , like a Gibbs, to make it happen .

What advantages do people think a 45 - 1:20 gives you that a 1:30 cannot?

I definitely feel it allows a greater variety of bullets that can be shot. 1-20 will stabilize a much longer heavier bullet and also much higher b.c bullet design .

bestill said:
I definitely feel it allows a greater variety of bullets that can be shot. 1-20 will stabilize a much longer heavier bullet and also much higher b.c bullet design .
Right , such as 500 gr lead or sabotless Parkers . So For long range the 1:20 has a huge advantage . Theres a reason most long range guns , Gibbs, Whitworths, even inlines are fast twist .

Upper Hand said:
Anyone else on here get one? Supposedly they only made 25, rifle number 16 arrived here today. I'll try to get some pictures up this weekend.
So how is that mountaineer working out? You getting much practice in with it??

Mines still in the box with the tags on the trigger gaurd. Waiting til deer season is over to pick up a scope and get it dialed in.

I've been working a lot and hunting and when ready to go to the range its raining its coming soooooooon. plus its giving me more time working on fine tuning the trigger mine has the gold trigger on it and its smooth. it has a smoother pull then the stock triggers do.

a1smokepole said:
mine has the gold trigger on it and its smooth. it has a smoother pull then the stock triggers do.
Did you buy the gold timney aftermarket ? Or did it come with it?

1874:
I've not done anything with my new barrel. Hunting season is upon us and it will have to wait until later..
Good luck

I got the trigger from knight after I got the gun $10.00 more then the stock trigger. plus it helps me tell what gun is what gold 1-20 getting old you no. :huh?:

Spoke with Knight this a.m. about spending money on accessories and was told they have 2 of the 1:20 .45's left.

cljohnson24 said:
Spoke with Knight this a.m. about spending money on accessories and was told they have 2 of the 1:20 .45's left.
You going to get them both :mrgreen:

I wish for just one...I think we should get one of our more influential members that are on a first name basis with Knight owners to convince them to donate one to us to do a giveaway...Think of the business it might generate for them..

Latest posts

Back