.32 caliber inline

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be right in line for one myself with the following as my requirements, a bolt action style drilled and tapped for scope, bare primer, 1 in 30 twist barrel, 6lb or less. I am not sure I would be interested in one if they use the 1 in 48 twist.

Exactly my requirements Shawn. Years ago Toby Bridges wrote an article about the .32 and showed a picture of the gun. I directed muzzle-loaders.com to the article. Next time I talk to them I will relay requirements. I have to believe other shooters would feel the same way. :D

I was planning on building another this year, but then the Ultra light got me so it was put on hold. BUT.. if they did one like the GMB 32 but with a 30 twist.. The CC would be getting a work out. :wink: I seem to recall the original GMB has a 22" barrel and weight about 5 1/2LB. That would make a fantastic squirrel rifle and round balls and pillow ticking are cheap! :D I had a lot of fun shooting nut eaters with mine last year. :yeah:

I would be in, If the specs are right. 1-30 or faster twist, ~.005-.006 rifling depth, and under about 7# pre scope. I would sell a few cherokees and CVA varminters for one. Been thinking I need to lighten the herd anyway. I keep way too many spare tires around, Nephews are too into their sports to want to go hunting, and around here Bow is king. Bow starts sept and runs right up untill feb. Hardly anyone I know bothers much with anything else. Im pretty much the lone front stuffer addict in the crowd. (and I still hunt about half the time with a bow. something is better than nothing) :D

Received e-mail from muzzle-loader and they have reached out to GM to see if they would be interested in a limited run. The original run was 1 in 48 twist. I will e-mail them tomorrow about the 1 in 30.

Upper Hand said:
Disc Extreme .32 teaser pic
Oh my! :shock: That is definitely a Teaser Pic! Did you just get it back from the builder? It looks great. :drool: :drool: Come on dude we need details and more pics to drool over. :D :lol: :drool: :drool: :drool:

rangerod said:
Received e-mail from muzzle-loader and they have reached out to GM to see if they would be interested in a limited run. The original run was 1 in 48 twist. I will e-mail them tomorrow about the 1 in 30.
By all means keep us posted! We need a "Fingers Crossed" Emoji.

Attachments

• finger crossed emoji.JPG
    14.1 KB · Views: 382
WV Hunter said:
Upper Hand said:
Disc Extreme .32 teaser pic

What is that!! :shock:

:huh?:
Mike, Look back at the bottom of page 1 of this thread, He was having a .32 cal built with a 1 in 30 twist. But he just keeps giving us little crumbs to munch on, not many details yet! 8) :wink: :wink: Love the look of that octagon barrel on the round action.

Rifle is in the mail headed my way right now, I'll make a post about it once I have it in my hands. Hopefully in the next day or so.

rangerod said:
Is interest in the 1 in 30 to shoot conical?
No. It is so you can shoot lighter loads with patched round balls. With the 1 in 30 twist you can more closely duplicate a 22lr round so you don't tear up the squirrels so much. With the 1 in 48 you may have to push it with more powder to get them to shoot better, plus some 48 twist rifles were finicky. I am only shooting 15 to 20 grains of powder with my 30 twist. The TC Cherokee was built with the 30 twist. This article will tell you more if you have not seen it.

http://namlhunt.com/mlsmallgame2.html

Upper Hand said:
Rifle is in the mail headed my way right now, I'll make a post about it once I have it in my hands. Hopefully in the next day or so.
Great! Can't wait to see and hear more about it! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sounds like the build time was not bad either. Of course the wait time would be murder! :lol:

ShawnT said:
Mike, Look back at the bottom of page 1 of this thread, He was having a .32 cal built with a 1 in 30 twist. But he just keeps giving us little crumbs to much on, not many details yet! 8) :wink: :wink: Love the look of that octagon barrel on the round action.

Haha... I looked back and see I responded on it. My brain is mush, didn't even remember that... :d'oh!:

Upper Hand... looks pretty sweet, definitely post up the info!!! :yeah:

Rangerod... I'd certainly be open to a .32 like you are talking about. Keep us posted... :D

.32 ACP will be my wife's next conceal-carry pistol. Probably either the Kel-Tec or the Beretta Tomcat. She tried the .32 Mag in a Ruger revolver at the range, but the recoil was a wee-bit more than she desires. That little caliber has killed over a million bad guys and if folks knew how to shoot straight, state agencies would allow the 32 for hunting game bigger than small.

Enjoy your .32 rifle small-game hunting and target shooting. I miss all those years I used to rabbit & squirrel hunt. Great memories of that and miss those beagles we employed too.

My daughter has the .32 tomcat and loves the gun. Last fall I started hunting squirrels again with my .17 HMR. I hadn't done it in 30 years. It was a whole lot of fun. That's why I have a lot of interest in the .32 MZ. My brother-in-law has a great crock pot recipe for squirrels.

That Beretta Tomcat is the perfect woman's pistol. No slide to mess around with. All she has to do is load the magazine - insert it - then press the barrel popup button and load one in the barrel/chamber, then close it. The Kel-tec is half-the-price thou and has good reviews for wear & tear / reliability.

There are a million squirrels where we hunt. Oaks/nuts everywhere most years. Nowhere near enough deer to eat what's dropped on the ground every year. Rabbits are few & far-between here in the Huron National Forest.

Latest posts

Back