45-70 conversion

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

junkman

Reaction score
Anybody know what the cost is to do an H&R handi Rifle?I just picked up a NOS Handi Rifle with the walnut stock and want to do a muzzleloader conversion on it. :think:

Luke ArrowHead Sporting Goods LLC and Jeff Hankins at Hankins Rifle still do the 45/70 conversions if im not mistaken.

http://www.smokelessmz.com/

http://www.hankinscustomrifles.com/rifles-pricing/

If you are on a tight budget, I can also install a 209 breech plug into your barrel for a total cost of $200.00. This includes 1 breech plug with a Tungsten bushing and return shipping.

I can convert your barrel to use my large rifle magnum primer ignition system (HIS) for a total cost of $325.00. This includes 25 primer modules, 1 breech plug with a Tungsten bushing, and return shipping.

[youtube]lUXafHnmhQs[/youtube]

junkman said:
Anybody know what the cost is to do an H&R handi Rifle?I just picked up a NOS Handi Rifle with the walnut stock and want to do a muzzleloader conversion on it. :think:
any progress? im interested to know as well

Nothing as of yet.Need to collect some $$ before I can send it of for the work to be done.

Just dropped it in the mail today.It's headed to Luke to be done down there at Arrowhead.

Anybody have any good loads for this rifle?I will probly start off with some H4198 and some Hornady SST 200gr bullets.

The go to starting load is usually around 56gr of 4198. Lots of guys do very well with that load and stick with it. You should be somewhere in the 2400fps range with that load and very safe pressure wise.

Luke at Arrowhead should have my barrel in hand by now.It makes me feel like a little kid Waiting for Christmass. :lol:

Been looking at the Boyds thumbhole stock in zombie hunter green and really liking it.

Pretty sure bestill did one in zombie green and it definitely caught my attention. Sharp looking stock and different.

I should be getting my barrel by the end of the week or early next week.Man the waiting is killing me.

junkman said:

Where are we at with costs?
Handi rifle =????
Shipping?
Luke's work?
all the things ive missed ?

Thanks !

zymguy said:
junkman said:

Where are we at with costs?
Handi rifle =????
Shipping?
Luke's work?
all the things ive missed ?

Thanks !
Ok here is the breakdown NOS Handi Rifle $254.00 out the door,Shipping to Luke $11.50,His work and return shipping 200.00 .So far that's it.I am planning on putting it in a Boyds thumb hole stock.But that is further down the road.

junkman said:
I should be getting my barrel by the end of the week or early next week.Man the waiting is killing me.
I'm going to start hiding in the bushes so I can ambush my postal carrier. :lol:

My barrel came back yesterday.Now I just need to find the time to get to the range.

Made the time to go and shoot today.Boy is she a sweet shooter.Some new glasses and a better shooting rest and I should be able to clover leaf the targets.

I'm not very good with pictures.So if you are familiar with the H&R/NEF rifles you got the picture.I did just get done changing out the stock and forearm with an older NEF .30-06 I have kicking around.It had the older style forearm and montecarlo style butt stock.It's really starting to look pretty slick.

Latest posts

Back