Best Sabot for Elite .45 w/ SST 200

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't order any more, until you try the rifle using the ones you already ordered, may be an OK thing to do. My guess is the crush rib sabot will be too loose in your rifle anyways.

I use the Harvester light blue 'crush rib' in my 45 Elite, great fit with most .400 bullets. I even change out the sabots with most that come with the Barnes or SST bullets. Of late I have just been using the Hornady 200 grain 40 cal XTP bullets.

Thanks guys.

Ron- I too agree with your suspicion that the crush ribs would be too loose.

I will need to also order some 50/40 sabots to try the 200sst in my .50's...

My 50/40 SSTs are blue sabots and a nice snug fit in my Knight Vision. Same with Cecil's bullet offerings (Extreme Elite/Polymer Tip) at prbullet, using his orange 50pks. I believe both are the same sabot, just different colors.

Wish manufacturers would join together and adopt a universal color for every diameter of every caliber.

I shoot the 200s in my 45 acurra with blue harvester smooth and shoot 1"groups all day. I've shot 11 deer with them and haven't lost one yet. I really like them and will keep using them with blackhorn209 and fiocchi primers. I've killed deer out to 189 yards with them referenced by my range finder.

I like the Harvestrer sabots..seem to load better like a lube built into the polymer and shoot better...the powder side base cup is shorter than MMP and dont tear like the MMP's do...plus the sdabot seems to release off the bullet faster...I do use some MMP sabots for the .50 (orange .458)...but mostly the Harvestors...

Latest posts

Back