Factory Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1874sharpsshooter

Reaction score
Took out the .45 cal 1:28 omega just to see how it would do. I put a Bushnell DOA 600 scope 3x9 on it cause that's all I had laying around. I decided to test the accuracy with Blackhorn powder 100 gr by volume, 260 Dead center sabot, and winchester primer. Took only 2 shots to get it somewhat sighted in ,. ( the 2 high right shots ) then I shot a 10 shot group . I didn't vary the powder or make any changes and at 100 yards it seemed like this load would work. I think with some fine tuning the omega will shoot with about any factory gun. Not sure what will happen when I go out to 200 but will find out soon enough. Definitely good enough for hunting. My front bag I had left out and it stormed hard last night so it was wet and swollen up hard as a rock. NOT A VERY GOOD FRONT REST. WAS LIKE CONCRETE.

Great shooting. For a 10 shot group, Yup I think that load works just fine. :yeah:

Dougs136Schwartz said:
How long did you wait between shots ? Very nice shooting !
Actually I shot the first 3 back to back and they looked more like a vertical string . Then I waited 5 minutes between shots and it did much better . After shot 4 I did have the primers sticking in the pocket . Other than that i was very pleased .

WV Hunter said:
How do you like that bench?
I like it . I always just practiced shooting off the hood of the truck but last year the wife got me that for a present and I actually like it . Kind of hard to get used to sitting to shoot instead of standing though , but I am learning :)

Latest posts

Back