frustrated

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ingramjets, you are messing with fire! You do not want to get burned!! Your bullets are not sized to fit your barrel..if your bullet falls half way out the barrel and you shoot it, it could blow your gun up in your face. Stop the frustration and simply use a sabot with the bullet. My two cents to cure an explosive situation...shorty

+1 on the right size bullet. I am pretty biased since bore size as that’s what’s legal for me to hunt with but they shoot good. And I have never had a problem. I do cast my own and use
40-1. I also check often to make sure bullet hasn’t moved.

+1 on the right size bullet. I am pretty biased since bore size as that’s what’s legal for me to hunt with but they shoot good. And I have never had a problem. I do cast my own and use
40-1. I also check often to make sure bullet hasn’t moved.

Do you ever find that it has moved? Wondering how much of an issue this really is?

Do you ever find that it has moved? Wondering how much of an issue this really is?
No, I have not. With 40-1 lead I am about .001” over my bore size. Pure lead I would be .002 to .003 over. It is a big issue, if it’s a little off the charge you’ll feel hard recoil and can damage the rifle if it’s more it can blow up and hurt you or kill you and anyone close enough to you. My thought is your probably have enough room in the bore that most of the gasses are escaping around your bullet? Or maybe the black horn looses its power if not compressed, not sure. My experience is with real black powder and 777.

No, I have not. With 40-1 lead I am about .001” over my bore size. Pure lead I would be .002 to .003 over. It is a big issue, if it’s a little off the charge you’ll feel hard recoil and can damage the rifle if it’s more it can blow up and hurt you or kill you and anyone close enough to you. My thought is your probably have enough room in the bore that most of the gasses are escaping around your bullet? Or maybe the black horn looses its power if not compressed, not sure. My experience is with real black powder and 777.
BH209 if not firmly compressed will not fire ! It is one of the dislikes I have aside from cost and now listing I really hate it cause no one has it (thankful for real Black) That I have , and lites up no problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/Ed

Back