Many Kudos For CVA/BPI

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
A while back I had sent off a new rifle I'd purchased, a .50 caliber CVA Stalker Carbine with the 1-32 twist in a 21" barrel back to the company, BPI in Norcross, Ga. The rifle had a trigger pull that was uncomfortable and made shooting very difficult if not near impossible when working for groups.

Well today the UPS man, who I believe is starting to question my sanity when he brought the box to my porch and handing it to me questioned, Another rifle? To which I responded, yes... was kind enough to bring it back to me.

I have to admit that CVA/BPI what ever you want to call them, really came through for me here. They tuned that rifle trigger to about #4 pounds. There is no creep, and it breaks clean and crisp.

It's a shame I already shot today, or I would take it out on the range. I guess it will wait until tomorrow and get a turn out there throwing some lead. It will be interesting to see what it can do all tuned up...

Thanks CVA/BPI for a job well done and for taking that extra effort in customer satisfaction.... Something to keep in mind when you purchase a rifle is customer service. They really came through here...

you make me think about tryin' to restore my old tracker carbine . . .

cayuga, your report says much for the fine Customer Service afforded by CVA/BPI. I have owned & extensively shot 2 of their MLers in past years & have nothing but A PLUS marks as far as their superior Customer Service/Product Support!

36dfc37c.jpg

The new trigger on the CVA Stalker Carbine is beautiful to say the least. Really outstanding trigger control on the rifle. For a sidelock it is really well done.

I decided to tune the rifle in today so I shot 80 grains of Goex 2f, a homemade wonderwad, a 370 grain Maxi Ball, lubed with castor oil lube I made, and a CCI magnum #11 cap. All this was done at 30 yards of my Dead Shot rest and bench. The open sights on the rifle are real nice, and easy to adjust, so we only had to shoot a nice group and then once I was sure where it was hitting, make a couple adjustments to put it in the bull.

This will make a great little short range tree rifle...

I've been shooting that Stalker almost every day since I got it back. I can not tell you how impressed I am with that little rifle. If I had to take a walk through the marsh, that will be the rifle to grab. Well balanced, light weight, short barrel and 80 grains of Goex 2f with a 370 grain Maxi ball will take out anything I am going to run into...

The other impressive thing besides the trigger is the speed of the ignition. This little cap lock is more like a center fire it is so fast going off. I am really impressed with this rifle and believe me, that take a lot for a rifle to get my attention like this..

Sounds like that little rifle is a ton of fun to shoot as well as accurate! Keep up the fun! Has the snow let you have more than 30 yds yet? My new house will be finished here some time and I will be able to get back to the range :D

newtargetstand.jpg

I built a new target stand out of CPVC 3/4 pipe and that sat up tall enough to get me some longer distance shooting finally. The stand works real good. Although it was very windy, the stand took the blunt of it and only shook the target loose a couple of times.

I was able to shoot the CVA Stalker at 50 yards. I was shooting 80 grains of Goex 2f, a 1/16th fiber wad, and a castor oil lubed 370 grain maxi ball. This is what the rifle did for the first five shots. The first shot was high, the next three looked good, and so I adjusted my POI to see if it would hit where it should. Needless to say I was more then pleased.

f1a91215.jpg

Back