My New Lyman GPR 50 Cal.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you received some satisfaction even after all the hassles.
Ron

Received my refund  :)
Now I need to buy a new rifle.
But what to get ?
Been looking at the Traditions Hawken kit

st louis hawken is by far my favorite kit to build. They arent perfect and require some time at fitting, but they are an amazing shooting rifle. For a factory built, check into the traditions hawken woodsman.

I would second the Woodsman. I picked one up at a gun show for a pretty good price and it's my current favorite to shoot ( they all are when first bought though ) Seriousy though it sights well and shouders even better. It's the one I'm going to use for the contest as soon as I get a chance to shoot again. Hopefully that's this Sunday. Unless you're set on a new one, Used ones can be found for a whole lot less money.

Hylander said:
Received my refund  :)
Now I need to buy a new rifle.
But what to get ?
Been looking at the Traditions Hawken kit
I gave up on Lyman too. When they came out with the recall about the bad breech plug. I sent mine back for an exchange. No more Lyman for me.

Customer service was pleasant enough. It's just the gun sucks now. Nothing like the old Lymans. I don't really blame Lyman. Investarms is at fault. I'm not sure what happened to them to be putting out guns like this when they used to be so good.

Latest posts

Back