New ultralight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Welp it’s not my first knight but it is my first with a bolt handle. Well from the looks of it I’m glad I got a good sale on it because it doesn’t look like a thousand dollar gun. Any how’s I can already see that the primer pocket needs to be shimmed I will use the factory plug till it’s shot out hopefully a few hundred shots the get one with removable vent liners. Anyway I wanted to keep it lite so I ordered a set of the tally lightweight two pice bases and rings with them I figured I will have my room for my fat fingers. I’m wondering if anyone else went with them bases and rings and if so if they bedded them and if so how??? I never done it with two pice bases

Last edited:
Welp it’s not my first knight but it is my first with a bolt handle. Well from the looks of it I’m glad I got a good sale on it because it doesn’t look like a thousand dollar gun. Any how’s I can already see that the primer pocket needs to be shimmed I will use the factory plug till it’s shot out hopefully a few hundred shots the get one with removable vent liners. Anyway I wanted to keep it lite so I ordered a set of the tally lightweight two pice bases and rings with them I figured I will have my room for my fat fingers. I’m wondering if anyone else went with them bases and rings and if so if they beaded them and if so how??? I never done it with two pice bases
I use them on many guns including my ultra light.I know they say no need to lap them, but I lap them anyway, never a problem with them.sorry you don’t feel like the gun is worth a thousand bucks, I think it’s worth that in today’s market. that’s three trips to Costco , my ul shoots amazing and carries just as well

I use them on many guns including my ultra light.I know they say no need to lap them, but I lap them anyway, never a problem with them.sorry you don’t feel like the gun is worth a thousand bucks, I think it’s worth that in today’s market. that’s three trips to Costco , my ul shoots amazing and carries just as well
How exactly do you lap a two pice bases did many one pice but never two.

Welp it’s not my first knight but it is my first with a bolt handle. Well from the looks of it I’m glad I got a good sale on it because it doesn’t look like a thousand dollar gun. Any how’s I can already see that the primer pocket needs to be shimmed I will use the factory plug till it’s shot out hopefully a few hundred shots the get one with removable vent liners. Anyway I wanted to keep it lite so I ordered a set of the tally lightweight two pice bases and rings with them I figured I will have my room for my fat fingers. I’m wondering if anyone else went with them bases and rings and if so if they beaded them and if so how??? I never done it with two pice bases
I have the Talley 2pc bases on my "mountain rifle"(Tikka T3 ultralight 300WM). I red thread locked them on. They're never coming off. Neither is the Zeiss in the rings! Love that rifle!

I just think they’re a few corners that they cut that they can afford not to. But I’m sure it’s gonna be a good one. Can’t wait to start playing I just never bedded a two pice base

How exactly do you lap a two pice bases did many one pice but never two.
With a lapping Rod.screw them down and lap them.I think when you’re all dialed in you’re going to love that gun.

I install my top rings when lapping.larry potterfield has a decent video also

Back