Omega build is done

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well the wait is over.I received my Boyds Omega Stock to complete my build.It arrived at 11;a.m. this morning.It is going on a Mark Woodman 45 sml barrel.I tried it together but where the action goes in it is a little tight.So I need to figure out what to take off the stock and how much.The stock is in the Forest Green color and looks far better than it did in the picture.Came together a lot faster than I ever figured possible.Can't wait to get out and see how it shoots. :snipe:I will have to get someone to post a picture because I still have not figured out how.SORRY

You may want to clean that bore good before shooting it. A couple of us found that ours really needed it (maybe the nitride process leaves a lot of residue?).

Another thing I found was that I needed to recheck the action screw torque periodically. I run mine at about 35 lbs but noticed that the screws were loosening up slightly after every few shots for a while until the action settled into the stock.

Last edited:
When I first got the barrel,that was the first thing I did while waiting for the stock.How much do I take off of the channel between the 2 lugs to get it to fit?I put the barrel in and the action fits but the end of the barrel is off the stock and vice versa.Is between the lugs is the only place to open up the channel?

Congrats on your build. I’ve got all my accessories for my build including stock. Just waiting on the Brux from Mark. As far as the fit I’m gonna hog all more and bed it. Good luck on buttoning yours up. Be sure to post pics.

Took a little bit of time,but I got her sitting level in the stock.Put a bushnell 3-9-40 scope on her and she sure is a thing of beauty.That Forest green camo is outstanding.Thanks every for all the info and help.Suppose to be 48 degrees tommorow,may try to get her out to the range.Sur wish I knew how to post a picture of her,.:dance:

Latest posts

Back