Please advise on locked Knight disc bolt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whit30

Reaction score
Hello,
Please advise.
I let someone use a knight disc (original) and now the bold is locked up.
I believe he had the second saftey that unscrew on the back of the bolt and then jersey up on the bold handle.
The back part that comes off of for cleaning I thing is jammed and is not in the v shaped gouge it fits it.
Has anyone had the issue? Should I put it in a vice and turn the back portion until it falls into V shaped place?
If I do this, where should the screw out saftey be? Screwed in or screwed out showing fire?
Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• 20210224_164644.jpg
    20210224_164644.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210224_164605.jpg
    20210224_164605.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 17
Tighten the secondary safety until aligned, then hold the housing and loosen secondary safety.

Thank you for the reply!. I'm sorry. Can you pleasd describe the process a little better? I am not familiar with the name of each part and don't remember how all of it worked when it worked correctly. When this happened, I put it away and just now trying to get it lined out.
Do I hold or vice up the left part (bolt) and while holding it, turn the right part that is misaligned u til it falls into the v notch?
Do I turn it with the (saftey? )on the end screwed all the way in or all the way out?
Let me stop here, then I will do the final step after I understand this first part first.
After I get it to this point, then I can finish it. I'm sorry, just want to do it in steps so I do not mess anything up.
Thanks so much for the help!

Just keep tightening the secondary safety , it may be hard to tighten but it will go tighter. There’s a video on this somewhere

Your probably right 52, I didn’t catch that it was the old style bolt.

These pics might help with a DISC Original or 'C' Tool bolt. If you do not have a 'C' Tool a 7/16" open end wrench can substitute

Wrench_tool_1.jpg

Wrench_tool_2.jpg

Wrench_tool_3.jpg

Really hope these pics help

Latest posts

Back