So what if you were going to buy a new bow?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
What would YOU get and why?

Diamond Marquis?

Mathews DXT?

Mathews Drenalin?

Bowtech Allegiance?

Mission Journey?

Theres 2 Ive been looking at lately.

Fred Bear Lights Out.

Why: 30" ATA, 8.75" brace height, single cam, local dealer stocks them, $330 bare bow.

Whisper Creek Stealth LX.

Why: 25 5/8" ATA, 8" brace height, single cam, solid limb, $400.

I also like the Mathews DXT but would like to have a bow set up and tuned for under $1000.

Mostly need a short ATA because I hunt out of a blind pretty often (kneeling on ground) and the ATA on my bow is to long as I always hit the top of my blind and bottom of my climber.

Darton - No question

Most of the new technologies were created by Rex Darlington & Darton.

They now have a new technology called 2 1/2 Cam.

Check it out!

I'm not that impressed with the high speed craze. I look for a good handling & fitting bow with great accuracy.

Well after sleeping on it....it's between:

If I want to spend big bucks:
Diamond Marquis
Mathews DXT

Less money:
Mission Journey

The reason for these bows? It's what the local bow shop stocks.

For the money the Journey is a great bow. The specs on it are very very close to the higher matthews bows at $200 less. If you like the feel of it while shooting it, I would jump on it.

Marquis is a great bow as well.

Of course I would go with the Diamond Black Ice myself.

Chuck...as much as you swap and trade......
:shock:

I'd go with the DXT.w/50-60 limbs. they actually max out at 63#'s Maxed out limbs are more efficient and MUCH quieter to shoot...customer service rivals Knight and the resale is way up there. Besides....They kill Magillas reallllll goooood! And few limb problems.
My bow of choice is the Drenalin! Whisker biscuit rest for hunting, large 1/4" peep and the new HHA 5019 single pin adjustable sight w/ large diameter scope and .019 pin. Carbon express Maximas, and Grim Reapers. Simply fantastic and deadly quiet. THIN IS IN!!! :D

Chuck, if you can try out the Bear Truth 2. It's not on your list, but well worth a try. I shot a couple before buying one and the Truth 2 is awesome. If you read up on some of the bow reports its one of the quietest ones out there. It was also rated one of the top 3 bows made. Not that any of it matters to me, I shot it and bought one over my usual choice of a Mathews.

Get yourself a great Longbow or recurve. You'll never pickup another bow with training wheels again. Happened to me and it is addictive. :p

I have shot both the Diamond Black Ice and the Marquis and I would take the Black Ice. That will be my next bow. Pull that thing back and it is like hitting a wall at full draw. No flex at all. It truely is an amazing bow. Not too bad of a price either if you ask me.

big6x6 said:
Well after sleeping on it....it's between:

If I want to spend big bucks:
Diamond Marquis
Mathews DXT

Less money:
Mission Journey

The reason for these bows? It's what the local bow shop stocks.

The Marquis and DXT are the same price! The Mission Journey is only $100.00 less. Is the one to get as obvious to you as it is to me?

Longbows...I don't know if I'd like one or not...I've been shooting a compound for about 20 years.

if i were to get a new compound right now it'd be a reflex caribou ... i want to go back to shooting fangers. :wink:

Well I ordered a bow!

Journeylg.jpg

I hope I LIKE it!

Do they make a Bad Bow anymore

I shoot a Reflex timber wolf which is a lower grade Hoyt but I can't see where its a lower grade it shoots great and stays in tune Theres alot of great bows Its just a matter of prefence

I would definitely get another Bowtech Allegience (2007). I have owned a lot of other high end bows and to me the Allegience is the best mix of speed, smooth draw (smooth mods.), brace height and a vibration free shot. I also like the 33in. axle to axle length. I.m not a real big fan of super short bows. I am thinking about buying another one because my local pro-shop has the 2007 Bowtech models on sale right now.

I realize this is a late post. But I would have suggested any of the Mathews bows. If I were to be specific I would suggest the Outback because you have the option to adjust the let-off and you don't need a bow press to change it. The draw is super smooth. Second suggestion would be the Switchback. Smooth drawing and super quiet. Congrats on your new bow!

The Mission series of bows ARE Mathews bows! The Journey is basically a Switchback XT...

I didn't know that about the Mission bows. :oops: If it's basically a Switchback XT then I believe you made a great choice! I think you will be very happy with it.

Elite makes the best bows on the planet right now hands down. Everything from the design to the fit and finish to the barnesdale limbs are top notch quality. The owner and head designer at Elite was let go from Bowtech when bowtechs quality control started to go downhill because he spoke up about it they fired him and he was one of the head designers for bowtech.

Well what he predicted came true and Bowtech has a known limb failure issue right now. Being a muzzleloader forum I bet most of you have never even heard of Elite archery?

Latest posts

Back