The best kept secret for a Muzzleloader.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grouse

LIFETIME SUPPORTER
Supporting member
Reaction score
The XTP'S are just shooting lights out for me. :) It was the Knight Disc Elite tonight. Here are some Pics.

b61c9587.jpg

I did get a little side tracked tonight also. The 200grn XTP took care of this problem at 174yds. :shock:

bc9de11f.jpg

I did get a little side tracked tonight also. The 200grn XTP took care of this problem at 174yds.

HOT dang! That's really good shooting there Grouse! I don't see a hole in its paw EITHER! :lol:

Kristels Wolverine 209 would shoot those 200gr .40 XTPs into less than 1.0 inch at 100yds pretty regular. And remember that exit wound on her 120lb doe:

pmthappics%20023.jpg

I do remember that Big6x6. Why are you taking the SST over the XTP? 200grn that is.

GOOD question! I guess the 200gr SST/Shockwave has a SOMEWHAT better bc than the XTP but you know..it's really not that much better at all. Probably not even significant. I guess I am concerned how the .40 200gr XTP would do starting out a 2100fps better and a really close shot. Probably would even be better. :?

big6x6 said:
I do remember that Big6x6. Why are you taking the SST over the XTP? 200grn that is.

GOOD question! I guess the 200gr SST/Shockwave has a SOMEWHAT better bc than the XTP but you know..it's really not that much better at all. Probably not even significant. I guess I am concerned how the .40 200gr XTP would do starting out a 2100fps better and a really close shot. Probably would even be better. :?

I need to chrony that load. I was using 110grns of 777. That should be over 2000fps. :? You saw how good the 300grn XTP did at close range. :p

Very COOOL Tom! How did the bullet do on that little critter?

Grouse said:

The 200 gr. SST is a far tougher bullet. The 180 XTP can handle more velocity than the 200 XTP. It has killed deer, but it shrapnels. The 200 XTP is designed for relatively low velocities-- not a great choice if you want to go fast.

Doohan said:
Very COOOL Tom! How did the bullet do on that little critter?

First of all i made a mistake. I shot the Groundhog with a 200grn SST. Not an XTP. The bullet didnt seem to expand to much. Same size hole in and out. As Randy stated, both are good Varmint bullets. :p :lol:

Back