Touch hole liner

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mossie

Reaction score
I recently purchased a RMC LTD flintlock rifle that has a removeable breach plug. I noticed that the liner extends into the barrel a bit and was wondering whether I should file it down flush with the interior of the barrel or leave it the way it is. Any advice?

I always made sure mine were as flush as I could get them. Otherwise your cleaning patch may hang up on the liner.

Mossie,

It should be flush like Chief said. Plus if you use any of those WADS like the Chief ...they too may hang-up! :lol:

The RMC barrel I bought last year (made by Green Mountain) is the same as they fit their Accusporter Flintlocks with & liner is flush on it. I would ck with RMC since gun is under warranty. Maybe the liner was orginally cut a lil long & they could send you a new one or 2.

Loggy and Chief,

Yeah, a cleaning patch does hang up on it when it's empty. I have a 24" barrel and a 28" barrel for the same stock and both liners extend into the barrel a sixteenth or so. It's not a big problem but I think I would like to make it flush with the barrel. I guess I will call and see what they say. It's been raining here FOREVER and I can't wait to shoot some BP. I really like these RMC's and they are great for customer service.

Besides what's already been stated,,if the liner gets any build-up or corrosion on the exposed threads,,,it'll be a real "pain" to get out if you need to change it in the future. RMC should be able to hook you up. :wink:

Back