Venison Spiedie Recipe

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lupos is definitely a great product. I will give it a try also. I welcome that spiedie fest for a festive feast. I will be there with a couple containers of meat to offer and some hard rolls, butter, salt, and pepper. This is the above recipe, my offering to all that dare try. Its smells so go, good enough to eat raw. Don’t ask me how i know though.. 😂 P.S. and some cold beverages…IMG_3586.jpeg

Each to their own, but personally I"d recommend passing on the Lupo's and make your own from the recipe provided above. Results are a lot better. Ditto on following Shorty's suggestion to marinate at least 5 days. Make a big batch and freeze when you don't use the first day.

What the heck? I can't believe I'm seeing a speedie recipe here. Who spilled the beans? Speedies are typically with lamb, pork, sometimes chicken but we all know that the very best ones are venison. Wild turkey is second.
That recipe will get you close but not quite all the way. We all have our little tricks. I would make sure to use red wine vinegar, not white and I would also add a bit of finely chopped mint. I would cut that oregano in half. I use crushed fresh garlic in mine and regular salad oil. With venison, fresh basil is a game changer.
Lupos, Rib Pit are all decent. The best ones were always served at Sharkies. Lupos has a tendency to cook them to death. The State Fair needs salt and more vinegar added if you are going to use it.
When you cook these, it's no more than 5 minutes on the grill. The speedie skewers heat right into the meat. 3 on one side, two on the other max. Bambi should be served a bit pink. If you char them up, you will like the ones from Lupos. They come with a burned char.
When you eat these, you pull the cooked meat off the skewer into a slice of white bread, Italian, Battaglini's is the best. No mustard, catsup, relish, mayonnaise, just meat and bread. Mangia. OK, if you must, a bit of mayo on the slice.

Mr Gman 57, wow, you are missing out on a great meal. Add some mushrooms, onions, and peppers to your skewers for a tasty, healthy meal..

Back