What do you think of the Firestick/Nitrofire system?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone weighed the firesticks how does it compare to bh209 weight? I can't find bh209 anywhere in Canada. I'm wondering if using powder from a 100gr firestick in my wolf would be safe. These firesticks are in stock all over up here.

Has anyone weighed the firesticks how does it compare to bh209 weight? I can't find bh209 anywhere in Canada. I'm wondering if using powder from a 100gr firestick in my wolf would be safe. These firesticks are in stock all over up here.

Based on the MSD sheets for the two products, the propellant is the same thing.

After I made this video, I compared the ingredients by looking at both MSD sheets.

You need to use the BH209 breech plug made for the Wolf, if you are going to use this propellant.

Last edited:
Based on the MSD sheets for the two products, the propellant is the same thing.

After I made this video, I compared the ingredients by looking at both MSD sheets.

You need to use the BH209 breech plug made for the Wolf, if you are going to use this propellant.

I'm thinking it's the same too. I mean they even came out with 80, 100 and 120gr firesticks which is the 3 loads BH209 listed velocities for in a chart.

I'm thinking it's the same too. I mean they even came out with 80, 100 and 120gr firesticks which is the 3 loads BH209 listed velocities for in a chart.

Nitrocellulose...

Guanidine Nitrate...

Potassium Perchlorate..

are the main propellant chemicals in BH209.

What do we find below in the Firestick? The company could pull the wool over our eyes, if it were not for the requirement for them to produce a MSDS.

https://www.federalpremium.com/on/d...les/F8000_Firestick_SDS_NA_01032020_FINAL.pdf

Back