What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard that about Furys but I'd do the at least twice just to be sure. I had a long career in QC so I'm of the mold that you check then check again. Especially when people's lives are at risk.

I've heard that about Furys but I'd do the at least twice just to be sure. I had a long career in QC so I'm of the mold that you check then check again. Especially when people's lives are at risk.
I've worked a good portion of my career in the automotive industry. I used tell people I wouldn't buy a car that we did parts for because I knew the "intelligence level" of people that assembled them......lol......

Fury shouldn't have any spring back, from what I read, but I date marked the bullet in a box with the pertinent info to check later. I only have 1 "can" of IMR 4198, my father-in-law gave me when his brothers used to load. It's still in the box with the stuff he gave me, still sitting on my loading bench.
I’ve never had any issues with Parkers or Furies “springing back.” I run them through 3-5 times.

Well, I finally made my decision & ordered a .45 Cal. Brux Barrel, for my Encore. I ordered it from Arrowhead rifle with the kit, this way I can get started shooting smokeless. I also ordered a sizing die & a bore guide from Hankins. I'm like a kid on Christmas Morning, can't wait to get started! Thanks again to all the great guys on the Forum that gave me their knowledge & expertise on the matter!

I shot my Waffen Krausser double rifle O/U 9.3x74R with full factory loads 2362fps at 3536ft pounds. I was afraid to shoot it even with a Limbsaver recoil pad. Specs says the recoil energy is about twice of a 30 06.

All I had to shoot was full factory loads. 255gr

So WTF, sit down, elbow down, take a deep breath and slowly squeeze. Pow! Yeah, I could feel it, not brutal. I was in the black at 100yds. The front trigger is set by pushing forward, triggering the lower barrel. Sweet!

I also shot my other barrel setup Combo 16ga over 7.65mm. Also very sweet!
Cool! Maybe we need a “What non-muzzleloading stuff did you do today?” thread 😉

I shot my Waffen Krausser double rifle O/U 9.3x74R with full factory loads 2362fps at 3536ft pounds. I was afraid to shoot it even with a Limbsaver recoil pad. Specs says the recoil energy is about twice of a 30 06.

All I had to shoot was full factory loads. 255gr

So WTF, sit down, elbow down, take a deep breath and slowly squeeze. Pow! Yeah, I could feel it, not brutal. I was in the black at 100yds. The front trigger is set by pushing forward, triggering the lower barrel. Sweet!

I also shot my other barrel setup Combo 16ga over 7.65mm. Also very sweet!
Marplot,
Hope I don't offend and glad your on MML but you do realize this is mainly a muzzleloading forum. Right?
This particular topic by the OP is :

"What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?"

There is a separate Modern Firearms forum though on MML you might like and find helpful.
Kindly,
gle3105

Marplot,
Hope I don't offend and glad your on MML but you do realize this is mainly a muzzleloading forum. Right?
This particular topic by the OP is :

"What muzzleloading stuff did you do today?"

There is a separate Modern Firearms forum though on MML you might like and find helpful.
Kindly,
gle3105
Thanks for the gentle nudge. Starting a new thread and appreciate that we keep these threads pure. I mean that sincerely, no sarcasm.

What cartridge gun modern stuff did you do today?

I also cleaned several of my muzzle loaders. Especially our 1750s Swiss Jaeger rifle .70 cal and my Kibler Woods-runner.

Attachments

• Swiss Jaeger.JPG
    Swiss Jaeger.JPG
    552.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Well, I finally made my decision & ordered a .45 Cal. Brux Barrel, for my Encore. I ordered it from Arrowhead rifle with the kit, this way I can get started shooting smokeless. I also ordered a sizing die & a bore guide from Hankins. I'm like a kid on Christmas Morning, can't wait to get started! Thanks again to all the great guys on the Forum that gave me their knowledge & expertise on the matter!
Wise decision

Latest posts

Back