1:48 Twist .50 Cal TC Renegade (PRB & “i Bullet” Testing)

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you buy or cast your "I bullet" ?
Either way who do you get them from or what mold is it your using ?
Appreciate the

Lew isn't on the site anymore.
The "i" bullet is a design he came up with. He then had Accurate Molds make him a mold for it and he casts them himself. You could have a mold made if you wanted, the mold is #50-415i. Here is a link to him talking about the "i" bullet.
https://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/threads/the-i-series.37327/

I just acquired a 50 cal TC Renegade does anybody know what sizing die I would need for it or will it fit without sizing if I order the 50-415I mold?

Well that didn’t work. A member sent me a few unsized to try. I was able with a short starter to get it going down the bbl. I then seated it all the way with the intention to pull it out and measure it. Well now I have a bullet stuck in my bbl and so far all attempts to pull it out has failed.
I may be forced to trickle in some powder under the nipple to shoot it out. Any suggestions?

Just a public service announcement: Put a 6"-8" long section of brass rod of correct size for the caliber (i.e. 1/2" in a .54) down the barrel before doing what Ed did. That way you can point the barrel toward the ground and bounce the brass off the bullet to push it out of the barrel.

"I can try that tomorrow"

Or the grease gun.

Never saw a lead bullet that couldn't be pulled. If it strips get a puller with a bigger screw. Take a long pro shot steel cleaning rod drill a hole in lead ingot. If u don't cast then just get something real heavy you can drill a hole in. Put it on cleaning rod screw into bullet. Make a long slide hammer I have one I made. Works grate! If that doesn't work shoot it out. Make sure it's seated all the way down if it takes mutable attempts. If u don't get enough powder in the first time that is. Hope it helps. Sledge hammer head and washers so can't go over handle will work in a pinch.

Sir, that was extremely impressive. If more people researched and read the history of the Hawken and Sharps rifles, they would have their eyes opened. I highly recommend the book- Jack Hinson "One Man's War". Not to spoil the reader but, when 1 man with 1 blackpowder rifle can make an entire Union Navy boat surrender due to the precision shooting he completed? This is a true story and a great read for all BP shooters.

SHADOWFOX64

Well the compressed air didn’t move the bullet at all. I checked the depth of the seated bullet with the ramrod and I still have about 3” before it is fully seated.
At this time I’m debating to add a few grains of powder down the road channel at a time to see if that moves it or the grease gun. Now to find idahorons video. grrrrr

I've shot a few of them out for people. That plug has a hole in it smaller than the bore. So when bullet is seated there's room for powder. I just make sure it's seated. Take nipple off. Fill hole with 3f then use a pick to work it down in plug hole. Put nipple on cap on and fire. Check to see if it's out. If not it will probably move bullet. Push it back down try again. Never had more than 3 trys before it blew out. We all have to make our own decisions I suppose. Just trying to help. My homemade slide hammer has always served me well but I don't always have it with me. Soooo if needed I shoot them out. If I'm in the woods lm not gonna come home because I forgot to load powder. If you think trying it might hurt u r the gun then don't do it! Just trying to help a fellow member out. It doesn't take alot of powder. 5 grains should be plenty. Maybe less

I believe u r correct. And if it was me and my gun I'd do it. I'm not telling u to thou hope u get it out.

Latest posts

Back