.22 caliber Flintlock.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BartSr

Reaction score
A while back I started a .22 cal flinter.  Lock mostly homemade, barrel from a 10-22.
Cherry stock.  Fun to shoot. 20gr of Goex FFFg, 21gr airgun pellets.

My Blog

BartSr aka IdeZilla.

sm22_t.jpg

FrontierGander said:
Now that is awesome! 20Gr of powder! That sucker is like a jet.
It does have a nice "crack".  I started with 8gr of powder but it burns cleaner with more.  Plus I need to clean after every shot or the next projectile won't go down.

BartSr

I think that is really cool.  I like the way it looks.  What do you use for a ramrod, or do you just blow the pellet down the bore?  :lol:

Hanshi said:
I think that is really cool.  I like the way it looks.  What do you use for a ramrod, or do you just blow the pellet down the bore?  :lol:
I use music wire encased in hobby brass, soldered together, and a .22 jag turned down a bit, also soldered together into a nice ramrod, permanent.  Very stiff but not needed.  Another one same construction with a .177 jag for wiping the bore.  Then a .22 brass brush on a third rod for final cleaning.

I could force it down by air but the local range gendarmes don't like that. :)

BartSr

BartSr said:
Coalforge said:
How's the accuracy?
About as good as a factory 10-22, not the best.

I'm almost finished with another .22 flinter.

BartSr
Here's that second .22 flinter's range time target.  Remember it's a stock 10-22 barrel.
25 yards, 15gr of Goex FFFg, 21gr air-gun pellet.  Before the target was set up, I did several shots at the 100yard berm (dirt bank) and saw the dirt poofs.  So these pellets will go 100yds with some accuracy, Yay!

BartSr

fl22b_h2.jpg

Latest posts

Back