3 times bitten / now shy

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I shot at a deer off hand one time with a 7mm mag , i did not have in on my shoulder right and the scope nailed me GOOOD . Cracked my nose . I could not move my head very fast for days and boy did i have a head ache . And the worst thing was i miised the buck !! I still have a bump on my nose !! :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

i have the same type of set up with a 3x9 swift on the gun eye relief is over 4 inches.. Try moving that scope forward I use medium Leupold rings. I don't need a hammer spur that way either.

UtahRob said:
I shot at a deer off hand one time with a 7mm mag , i did not have in on my shoulder right and the scope nailed me GOOOD . Cracked my nose . I could not move my head very fast for days and boy did i have a head ache . And the worst thing was i miised the buck !! I still have a bump on my nose !! :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:D :D :D now that's funny. I was at the range once with my Ruger M77 in 7mm mag shooting and a person I knew asked if he could try it. So I told him he could but to hang on to it. As I hand loaded and it kicked.

He pulled the trigger and that scope smacked him good. He sat back and never knew he was cut. So I asked him how it kicked (as the blood was running down his nose) and he said, "not bad." I thought the group there was going to pee their pants. We were all laughing and he had no idea why. He thought we had seen it shove him and never knew he was scope bit.

Can you turn the mount around and re fix it?? Mite be a way for you to slide it forward with out going to higher rings

Back