32 Cal ML

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent a money order today for a CVA Squirrel 32 cal. I’m really looking forward to getting it. I’ve already got some round balls to shoot out of it.

I sent a money order today for a CVA Squirrel 32 cal. I’m really looking forward to getting it. I’ve already got some round balls to shoot out of it.
You'll have fun shooting it for sure.
From what I've read, it's about the same power as a 22 long rifle. Don't need alot of powder either.
10 to 25 grains or so is plenty.
I have to dig through my stuff, I think I have some 32 round balls and a few TC maxi balls in 32 caliber. Be happy to send them to you. PM me your address one of these days.

You'll have fun shooting it for sure.
From what I've read, it's about the same power as a 22 long rifle. Don't need alot of powder either.
10 to 25 grains or so is plenty.
I have to dig through my stuff, I think I have some 32 round balls and a few TC maxi balls in 32 caliber. Be happy to send them to you. PM me your address one of these days.
I appreciate the offer, but I would need to pay you for them.

My little Squirrel came in this morning, and I’ve already taken a couple shots with it at steel at 50 yards and got two “dings”. My first load was 11 grains of Pyrodex RS under a .310 Hornady ball. My understanding is these little rifles haven’t been built in a while, and I‘m pleased to find this one is as close 100% condition as I could expect. I‘m thinking this is going to end up being my most shot rifle. :lewis:
F56DD49F-CCEA-407D-AB8E-32FC04ED98B3.jpeg

I have a CVA Grey Squirrel .32 percussion gun that I have had for 30+ years. It now sits in the back of my safe as i prefer to shoot my Ken Blivens .32 flint lock long rifle. When I decide to shoot percussion, I go to my 1843 Gibbons rifle. The .32 is just too much fun to shoot.

I picked up a GM 32 cal barrel, and I’m wondering how dangerous it would be to use it on a Hawken stock with a crack. Being it‘s only going to be used with 15-20 grains of powder, I wouldn’t think it would be a problem, but I wanted the opinion of folks with more experience than me.

The recoil would be almost nonexistent, comparable to shooting a 22 rifle with HV ammo.
The risk of breaking the stock would be while loading, not from shooting.

I’ve been thinking about a .32 for awhile now. Excellent thread for information but not so good for my wallet :D

Latest posts

Back