45 Cal TC Sabot

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkcrazy

Reaction score
Anyone know who's sabot TC uses in the 45 cal SW and XTP bullets? I can put pretty much any bullet in it and it shoots great from my gun.

The Harvester .45 caliber bullets I have are light blue. The MMP or Knight are tan colored. Both shoot well. I hope this helps.

Thanks. I have some of the MMP, the 45 cal are tan, but they aren't the same diamter, a few thou smaller. I'll have to look around and try to find the Harvester locally. TC sells their 50 cal sabots seperately, expensive but seperate, but they don't sell the 45 cal. I just picked up the MMP, so maybe they'll shoot well, we'll see Friday afternoon. I can keep buying the 180 XTP, it's just cheaper to buy them in bulk than 30 at a time.

I get the same POI with TC Shockwaves and Hornady SST's. I have found that the Hornady SST's are usually a few cents cheaper per bullet than the SW's.

What color are they? I have some older green ones that came with my TC cheapshots and mag express that I am not using.

The tan colored sabots are from MMP. I also shoot the 180 grain XTP's. They are very accurate in my muzzleloader. If I'm not mistaking, the .45 sabots I've seen by Harvester are blue.

Yeas, the TC 45 cal sabots are green. I was hoping that they were either made by MMP or Harvester and they just requested a special color. I'll see how the MMP shoots Friday, and go from there.

Sent you a PM- we might be able to work a swap if you want some of the green ones.

Found some Harvester sabots before the weekend, too. I tried the MMP, Harvester, and TC SW sabot. My gun didn't like the MMP sablt, but both the Harvester and TC sabot shot really well.

Now I just need to find a 1000 pack :shock: of the Harvester sabots for cheap!

Call them directly at 800.922.6287 and see if they will make you a deal on a 1000 quantity order. Ya neva no.

Let us know though. :D

I called MMP and they make the green 45/40 cal sabot for TC. So I called TC, and am waiting for them to get back to me with a price on just the sabots. :)

MMP can't sell them to us, cause they are JUST for TC and the shockwaves.

Latest posts

Back